Rigid oscillating tool connection issue

Zmanwa

My battery powered rigid oscillating tool has trouble turning on/staying on.  Lithium battery charges just fine.  Put it in, nothing.  The issue seems (not sure) to be with the connection between tool motorized core and the tool end.  I push, pull, wait, and then at some point it will work.  Goes a while, then stops.  For no apparent reason will start again.  I suspect there is a bad connection between the two.  I'm just not sure what is actually going on or how to solve this.  Any thoughts or answers?

I have that same tool, I’d probably try testing their Lifetime Service Guarantee and see if they’ll look at it. Other than that my only suggestion is that with my Ridgid drill it is particularly fussy about dust of all things...a cheap test would be to clean any and all connections thoroughly and maybe use a nylon brush to clean off where the head snaps on. Does the LED light come on when the blade refuses to move?