overload protection

Guest claudio petrini

Guest claudio petrini

Hello to everybody.i wish to buy the metabo cordless grinder but the man of the shop don'tlet me try to abuse it so I can't know when the overload protection jump in.anybody have try that?

Guest claudio petrini

Thanks bro!I've read the review but miss the video.but the two guys(the fat one and the criminal face)don't abuse of the grinder.dont push on a 16 mm piece of steel.just flippin and floppin with the battery...you got a handle on and where you put your hand when you cutting(posing like star-wars)?where the grinder breath!!amazing!of course im joking just like we are on the jobsite.eric,Dan you are the best thanks.can I ask what is the average pay for a top qualified constuction worker(concrete sector).here in Italy I take about 2000 euro monthly without trippin.thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/24/2013 at 11:49 AM, Guest claudio petrini said:

Hello to everybody.i wish to buy the metabo cordless grinder but the man of the shop don'tlet me try to abuse it so I can't know when the overload protection jump in.anybody have try that?

I've never tripped the overload protection on my w18 ltx (brushed) I've never stalled it stripping paint off of hoods, cutting rebar or cutting things off at the junkyard but I've never tried either. Or are you talking about the Bind protection, None of the cordless grinders have that protection, the discs will break apart if you bind it up. The newer model W7-W8 grinders have the bind up protection, but i really don't suggest "Trying" to abuse any grinder =/, metabo's are really torquey

Same as pancing, I've never tripped it on the brushed 18v either. Great grinder. I wish I had of waited and saved for the brushless to have an even better grinder. 

I do a lot of grinding and the W18ltx was the reason I started with the Metabo line.

On 7/30/2016 at 6:37 AM, D W said:

Same as pancing, I've never tripped it on the brushed 18v either. Great grinder. I wish I had of waited and saved for the brushless to have an even better grinder. 

I do a lot of grinding and the W18ltx was the reason I started with the Metabo line.

I've had the w18ltx for a few years but them CPO has them for 139.99 so i bought 3 :D <3 me some free batteries

I think I do enough work to use up 2 batteries but i really hate having to change out discs when im doing something.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pancing said:

I've had the w18ltx for a few years but them CPO has them for 139.99 so i bought 3 :D <3 me some free batteries

I think I do enough work to use up 2 batteries but i really hate having to change out discs when im doing something.

Nice!

I really hate that too. Did they come with the quick nut for tool free disc changes? Mine did, but it's still annoying, especially wire cups (they always stab you through your gloves &gt;:(). 

I really can't wait until the Ultra charger comes out in Australia (I think only Europe has it so far). I need it to keep up with the grinder. I get about 10-15 minutes of runtime on a 6.2 LiHD but then I have to wait 90 minutes until its charged.

@wayneburgess, do you have the brushless model? What's the runtime you get on that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D W said:

Nice!

I really hate that too. Did they come with the quick nut for tool free disc changes? Mine did, but it's still annoying, especially wire cups (they always stab you through your gloves &gt;:(). 

I really can't wait until the Ultra charger comes out in Australia (I think only Europe has it so far). I need it to keep up with the grinder. I get about 10-15 minutes of runtime on a 6.2 LiHD but then I have to wait 90 minutes until its charged.

@wayneburgess, do you have the brushless model? What's the runtime you get on that?

sorry to interject but a few people i know have the brushless model and they slow down on load. They also cut out if you really push into it, as for the runtime i dunno, they never have to change batteries.

also they dont come with the quick nut and for 25$ @ amazon they can keep it, also since when do you use a nut for a cup? I've never used one, always just tightened it up and its never come off, unless im doing it wrong....

• Like 1

sorry to interject but a few people i know have the brushless model and they slow down on load. They also cut out if you really push into it, as for the runtime i dunno, they never have to change batteries.

also they dont come with the quick nut and for 25$ @ amazon they can keep it, also since when do you use a nut for a cup? I've never used one, always just tightened it up and its never come off, unless im doing it wrong....

I agree I don't use a nut with a wire cup, something I've been missing??

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@pancing and @JimboS1ice, I definitely don't use a nut with a wire cup but I can see how it might have looked like that.

I blended two different things in a poorly and too quickly written sentence before ducking out to lunch. Basically I mean that changing wheels/brushes is always a pain (especially brushes), and, a quick nut doesn't really make it much better (when using one).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There new grinders looked really cool. A guy was doing an anti-kick test and he was supposed to cut a piece of metal. The catch was another guy was gonna pull up on the piece to stop the grinder to demonstrate a safety feature. It was very impressive how the grinder reacted. The wheel instantly stopped and the grinder didn't even kick out of the work piece. Once pressure was released from the grinder it automatically started back up. They also tested a competitors grinder and when the guy pulled up on the metal the grinder basically catches and flies out of the piece. 

• Like 3