DeWalt 745 Table saw mitre won’t reach 45 degrees

NOODS

Hi

DW745 Table-saw purchased 2020 from new.. 

I went to adjust the mitre cut on it today and it wouldn’t adjust to 45 degrees.. 49 was the best i could get.. 

Obviously i checked all the normal things etc, checked the blade at 90 degrees with a digital gauge and fine, but release the lock handle and slide to change angle and it comes to a halt like it’s up against something short of 45.. 

Took the blade and riving knife out took plastic side panels off and cleaned everything thoroughly plus blew out dust with comp air and WD40 etc but no luck.. Just can’t see what’s stopping it from reaching the desired angle.. it’s not hitting the stops when going for the 45 but it does so just fine when going for 90.. 

Any of you guys had a similar experience ? 

Many thanks 

Noods 

• NOODS changed the title to DeWalt 745 Table saw mitre won’t reach 45 degrees

Got it sorted at last.. 

Really thin sliders in a tough place to see let alone get at there was a thin sliver of wood that was jammed in the slot preventing it from bottoming out at 45 degrees.. 

I only found it by poking a 1mm wire into the slot and luckily i could feel something was in there.. 

Been a nightmare but thanks for helping ... 

• Like 1

I have this same model, I've had to flip the saw upside down a few times and pull the whole blade assy over with some force to bevel it, probably same thing small pieces of wood or azek in the grooves. Upside down it will catch the riving fork. 48°, 49° is more than 45?   I removed the 45° stop on my table saw to allow it to bevel to a 51°. Another problem I've had with this saw is the blade height adjustment, the threaded rods that control the blade height get so gunked up with pressure treated wood residue that it locks the blade if left lowered into the saw for a day so much that I snapped the height adjust wheel knob off. I have to clean with wire brush periodically 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have just had this issue. I could only get to about 50 degrees also. Following advice from Framer Joe, I fully undid the hinge points and verified they would not move far enough. I dropped a little oil onto the hinge points. The front hinge nearest the locking handle was the only point with the problem. 

I could not believe that this simple remedy would fix the issue. I also resolved my mis-aligned saw blade that was running about 0.2mm out of true at the same time as I refitted the hinges (there is a chunk of adjustment there). Stunned that a little oil could fix this. Surprised Pikachu face when it worked out.