Please Identify This Toolbox

louisforbes

I purchased this toolbox, at Sears in Boulder, in 1992. My tool collection is essentially a tool-for-every-application set-up, and this box has been perfect.
It has served me well for 29 years, although it's starting to fall apart and needs to be replaced. The challenge is that I've found nothing comparable on the market. I've searched everywhere and, as the Sinéad O'Connor tune goes, "nothing compares to you."
There are no model numbers on the toolbox, and I'm wondering if anyone here can identify it.  I left a message with Stanley Black & Decker, who purchased Craftsman, although I haven't heard back.

Thank you in advance,

Louis

20210313_CRAFTSMAN_TOOLBOX_1.jpg

20210313_CRAFTSMAN_TOOLBOX_2a.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't find this box or anything similar in appearance either.  Unfortunately, plastic tool box designs come and go.

Something that may work for you is a Keter cantilever box.  I have a number of these, including Husky tool boxes and Keter organizers (they sell these under a number of brand names).  The tool box is 22", has an organizer compartment on top with a clear lid, and can fit quite a few tools.  The cantilever design is sturdy and for the price it's hard to beat.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, louisforbes said:
I purchased this toolbox, at Sears in Boulder, in 1992. My tool collection is essentially a tool-for-every-application set-up, and this box has been perfect.
It has served me well for 29 years, although it's starting to fall apart and needs to be replaced. The challenge is that I've found nothing comparable on the market. I've searched everywhere and, as the Sinéad O'Connor tune goes, "nothing compares to you."
There are no model numbers on the toolbox, and I'm wondering if anyone here can identify it.  I left a message with Stanley Black & Decker, who purchased Craftsman, although I haven't heard back.

Thank you in advance,

Louis

I would contact Sears. This is technically Craftsman but under Sears. It is kinda confusing since SB&D sells products under the Craftsman name in addition to what is left of Sears selling their Craftsman products.

• 4 weeks later...