Milwaukee 2733 M18 Sliding Miter Saw

randyw57

Recently purchased a 2733 Sliding Miter Saw and have a couple of questions:

1. This is the first ‘sliding’ miter saw I’ve had. 
    In the Operator’s Manual there is a section on ‘Setting for Chop Cuts’.

The section says ‘... pull the head forward and tighten the slide rail lock.’.

Does that mean that any chop cut should be done with the head pulled all the way forward?

Or is it meant to mean to set the head at the right spot for the cut and then tighten the lock?

2. There is a ‘workpiece clamp’ included with the saw.

The diameter of the clamp is quite a bit smaller than the diameter of the hole in the saw where the clamp fits.

That tends to tilt the clamp a bit. My other saws have had clamps that fit pretty snugly in their holders.

I’m wondering if I’m missing something with the way this clamp works.

Thanks for any help or advice. 

1. Maybe I am reading this wrong but for chop cuts, you want the saw pushed back, not forward.  You should push the saw back, lock the rails and then make your cut.  This way your material is tight against the fence and allows for more control, more accuracy and a safer cut.  But again, maybe I am misunderstanding the question and refer to the owners manual.
  2. I don't have the Milwaukee in front but I think there is a thumb screw on the back to tighten the shaft of the clamp.  Also if there is a tilt, once you tighten the clamp to your material, it should straighten out the clamp so their isn't a tilt.  But again maybe I am reading your question wrong and would go by the manual.

Hi, Eric!

Thanks for the responses.

1. I’ve attached a snippet from the manual. 

I was planning to operate the saw like you described - with the head in the ‘back’ position. 

Maybe there is some translation issue with the language?

2. This clamp uses a ‘latch’ at the bottom of the holder to grab the clamp when the

clamp is rotated into place. I’ve attached a picture. Hopefully, the flat space at the

bottom of the clamp is visible. The clamp is articulated enough to hold the material.

What I think bothers me is just this feeling of ‘looseness’ the clamp has. It can

just be shaken around. I think I may add some shims to it to stabilize it. 3EF7EC04-AF04-404E-8CB6-7AD2A2CBEA05.thumb.jpeg.c987c888a5e7180a796cf3c158320bc3.jpeg 

28CCA259-C60C-4D50-8400-5DA9BA89C629.jpeg