Dewalt dcf899 1/2” impact

Judson

Hello. I’ve had my dewalt impact for approximately 3 years. Has worked flawlessly up until this weekend. It started acting as if the battery was dead but still had 2 bars. 

the impacting has stopped. Take it off the nut it spins freely but if I squeeze the socket I can stop it with my hand even in the 3 setting. 

when on a nut it may impact once and then acts like a dead battery. Just quits until you depress the trigger again. Then same thing one impact maybe and then nothing. 

any ideas what to look for. I did open it up and couldn’t see any loose or broken wires?  

I’ve never personally opened up an impacting mechanism before but the suggestion a major mechanical component being stuck indicates it may simply be way overdue for a cleaning and regreasing. After only 3 years use I’d have to wonder what kinds of substances you might be exposing it to in your line of work? Makes me wonder if there’s something specific in your work environment that could be getting into it and gumming it up unusually badly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...