Dewalt 20v framing nailer

BrandonT

• 4 weeks later...

This is what drives me crazy with DeWalt. After the last few day using my Pasload and pissing me off the cold, bad gas I stated to look at the DeWalt. you go to some sites they have the DCN692M1 others have the DCN690M1 or both same price so now it take more time to find out what the differences are as little as they are. This day has been a pain in the ass.

This is what drives me crazy with DeWalt. After the last few day using my Pasload and pissing me off the cold, bad gas I stated to look at the DeWalt. you go to some sites they have the DCN692M1 others have the DCN690M1 or both same price so now it take more time to find out what the differences are as little as they are. This day has been a pain in the ass.

Could have just asked me!

All I know is mine works brilliantly and have had not a single problem.

Just fill the nails up and keep going.

And also if you have access to your charger 2 batteries will last you all day because one always lasts longer than it takes to re-charge the other using 4ah batteries.

This link describes it pretty well.

Cliff Notes: 

"One of the DCN692′s speed settings is optimized for driving shorter nailers (2″ to 3″ long), while the other should be used when driving longer nails (3-1/4″ to 3-1/2″ long). When used in the full-power and full-speed setting, the DCN692 will perform similarly to the DCN690 framing nailer.

When the DCN692 is used in its lower speed/power setting mode, users will benefit from lower vibration (and thus lower fatigue), increased application speed, and an increase in the number of nails that can be fired per battery charge."

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So I need to ask you guys if anyone else out in the world has any problems with the DCN690/DCN692? Here in Finland almost every gun seems to fail after about one year of intensive usage. I spoke to a local repair guy and he told me since there has been so many units returned for warranty service, almost every one they sold in the country seems to have problems. Does our units come from another factory and equipped with cheaper components than others or what could be the explanation?

So I need to ask you guys if anyone else out in the world has any problems with the DCN690/DCN692? Here in Finland almost every gun seems to fail after about one year of intensive usage. I spoke to a local repair guy and he told me since there has been so many units returned for warranty service, almost every one they sold in the country seems to have problems. Does our units come from another factory and equipped with cheaper components than others or what could be the explanation?

My old framing crew i worked with we had stupid dewilt nerfgun for back framing amd it sucked balls heavy and picked at choosed when to work and we the boss got it fix it worked ok but still id pick a paslode over that hunk of garbage anyday

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My old framing crew i worked with we had stupid dewilt nerfgun for back framing amd it sucked balls heavy and picked at choosed when to work and we the boss got it fix it worked ok but still id pick a paslode over that hunk of garbage anyday

Sad to hear you had such a bad experience with the Dewalt gun. I loved the one I used as long as it worked fine. Sure, it may be a bit bigger and bulkier than a Paslode an certainly a air nailer, but the convenience not to worry about hoses or gas makes me pick it over the other two any day. Until it sadly gives up after a year. Sh*t

Sad to hear you had such a bad experience with the Dewalt gun. I loved the one I used as long as it worked fine. Sure, it may be a bit bigger and bulkier than a Paslode an certainly a air nailer, but the convenience not to worry about hoses or gas makes me pick it over the other two any day. Until it sadly gives up after a year. Sh*t

Gas really isnt an issue it comes with the nails and hoses can get annoyi g but pnuematic nailers are great tho

Gas really isnt an issue it comes with the nails and hoses can get annoyi g but pnuematic nailers are great tho

Well, you still have to pay for the gas even if it comes with the nails. If I use a non-gas nailer I don't go buy a paslode box with nails (and gas).

For me the job gets done almost twice as fast with a cordless nailer compared to a pneumatic so for me it's a no brainer. I'm not saying that's the case for everyone. Just trying to explain my situation and frustration with the DCN690.

• 1 month later...

The springs inside the tool have to be replaced every 30K - 50K shots. It's easy to do in the field. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPa_Oar5ZyQ

Toronto Tool is correct, if you are framing houses all day, the cordless framer is not the tool for you. It wasn't designed for that.

people said the same thing about the paslodes, but i proved them wrong. lol  

i stopped using air nailers back when the orange paslodes came out.  and never had any desire to start dragging hoses around again.