Dewalt 20v framing nailer

BrandonT

• 1 year later...

This Nailer is a good nailer, if it wasn't for the fact that every 1 year you HAVE TO REPLACE 200 USD IN PARTS!

Absolute, SHIT. The Dewalt rep in this site either is an ignorant that has never been in the field OR is lying to make money.

After a good year of use, looking after the tool, this is what happens:

- YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SPRINGS (they will be completely wrecked)

- YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE PROFILE (the material is so poor it gets deformed and it doesn't work properly anymore and it gets jammed every time)

- YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ALL THE SPRINGS (each and every spring gets deformed)

- YOU MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE DUMPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PARTS

- YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE SCREWS IN THE TIP BECAUSE THE NAILER HAS SO MANY EPISODES OF JAMMING YOU SPEND HALF THE TIME USING THE ALLEN KEY TO REMOVE THE JAMMED NAIL

Absolute nonsense, twice the price of a Paslode, and companies pay for the gas so, in terms of money, who cares? I purchased it because of the environmental significance. No fuel cell. NEVER AGAIN.

PASLODE as soon as I'm able to sell this ABSOLUTE PIECE OF GARBAGE for coins.

EMBARASSING DEWALT.

Never had a problem with my 3 dcn692 cordless framers....never changed the springs,,,works great all the time every season.....1500 to 2000 nails a week building decks...that means shooting in harder material not ..kd or spruce...

......I'm a builder,,,framer..only air guns can keep up with framing houses....not sure how the guy only using cordless nailers installs plywood??? Code is a .131 2 1/2" ring shank coil nail...and there are no cordless coil nailers..

but for building knee walls,partitions,cellar walls,decks..remodeling...the Dewalt cordless are great.....paslode is good,not better and more expensive per week..period...

.    . Experience...love to meet anyone that has built more houses per year..per week....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Never had a problem with my 3 dcn692 cordless framers....never changed the springs,,,works great all the time every season.....1500 to 2000 nails a week building decks...that means shooting in harder material not ..kd or spruce...

......I'm a builder,,,framer..only air guns can keep up with framing houses....not sure how the guy only using cordless nailers installs plywood??? Code is a .131 2 1/2" ring shank coil nail...and there are no cordless coil nailers..

but for building knee walls,partitions,cellar walls,decks..remodeling...the Dewalt cordless are great.....paslode is good,not better and more expensive per week..period...

.    . Experience...love to meet anyone that has built more houses per year..per week....

one house a week?

Those houses were 34 ft by 26ft .."cape style" 2 story..full 2nd flr dormer....2bedroom 1bath upstairs...1bed , living room..kitchen ..bath 1st floor..which includes a full depth cellar...bulkhead........stairs ..everything but roof shingles and sidewall...

....for many many many years we built houses every 2/3days ..3/4 framers........we build larger custom homes now and oceanfront homes.....a cordless gun can't frame like that...it's not supposed to...

• Like 2

Your crew is a lot faster than the one I'm with. haha. Our crew is an 8:00 to 4:00  5 days a week crew. We had a big remodel last year that took us a good 6 months or more to complete. We probably averaged 3 to 4 guys at it each day. We did have a couple other big jobs that took a while as well and various odd jobs that only take a day or 2 to complete.

Ya jron..it was a brutal pace for years.....now the avg house is 4-6 weeks and large customs 5-6 months....we have merged with another company so I run about 20 guys (depending on who shows up that day) ...Im glad you have a good job with plenty of work.....it's a tough business and wears on the old body........

4 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Ya jron..it was a brutal pace for years.....now the avg house is 4-6 weeks and large customs 5-6 months....we have merged with another company so I run about 20 guys (depending on who shows up that day) ...Im glad you have a good job with plenty of work.....it's a tough business and wears on the old body........

My boss likes to take all the small jobs to ensure we have work but sometimes the customers on our bigger jobs can get a bit mad, impatient, or whatever when we are working at the small job and not at their job.

Customers can be difficult,,but I understand.....we always did the same thing ..smaller houses quick jobs to have work...what we realized is that lower and middle class incomes change from year to year,so the economy slowed down the housing market....but....wealthy people always have money,and very wealthy people have money to burn....so that housing market is always there ..the economy doesn't effect large to very large custom homes.....

.      ..I live on the cape..surrounded by water..everyone with money,wants a home on the water ,and want it bigger and better then their neighbors....it's a beautiful thing....I don't live on the water,. But I drink water ..lol

It would be even smaller than small houses more like someone needing a window replaced and a fence pained, so and so wants x room to become a bathroom, or etc. I would guess building in rural Nebraska is a lot different than where you live. A lot of our big projects are for rich farmers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Customers can be difficult,,but I understand.....we always did the same thing ..smaller houses quick jobs to have work...what we realized is that lower and middle class incomes change from year to year,so the economy slowed down the housing market....but....wealthy people always have money,and very wealthy people have money to burn....so that housing market is always there ..the economy doesn't effect large to very large custom homes.....

.      ..I live on the cape..surrounded by water..everyone with money,wants a home on the water ,and want it bigger and better then their neighbors....it's a beautiful thing....I don't live on the water,. But I drink water ..lol

Same scenario I found myself in, except I'm in the Florida Keys. Lots of money, and this market is the last to slow down and the first to recover. Great job security and there's tons of work here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Same scenario I found myself in, except I'm in the Florida Keys. Lots of money, and this market is the last to slow down and the first to recover. Great job security and there's tons of work here. 

That is only if you do reasonable quality work. Crap work does far for damage to a contractors reputation than higher prices.