Dewalt charger DCB113 solid red light when batteries ARENT charged

Tjackson1

Iv have a nearly new dcb113 charger, only used it like 4 times. Now when I plug the batteries in I get a solid red light after a single flash. Iv left the batteries in the charger and they don't charge. 

Is this a charger issue or a battery issue? Does the charger think the batteries are fully charged or does the solid light on an uncharged battery mean something else? 

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like a charger issue, if you are using multiple batteries.  I had a similar issue where the battery itself was to blame.  Multiple chargers worked fine with other batteries, but one of my 4Ah ones had a corroded terminal, which caused the charger to read it as charged.

I have exactly the same issue with a pair of 5 amp hour dewalt batteries. They are 7 months old and only been charged a few times, but won't fully charge. Did not realise until this fault became known that Dewalt do not offer any guarantee on batteries and chargers. Will never buy Dewalt tools again.

6 hours ago, fishera9 said:

I have exactly the same issue with a pair of 5 amp hour dewalt batteries. They are 7 months old and only been charged a few times, but won't fully charge. Did not realise until this fault became known that Dewalt do not offer any guarantee on batteries and chargers. Will never buy Dewalt tools again.

Dewalt batteries should have a 3 year warranty from either a receipt or the build date on the battery.  I'm not familiar with the charger warranty but it must be at least a 1 year warranty.  Ive sent a few in to a factory service center over the years without a receipt just using the date code on the battery and they send out new ones. I've also heard of people just calling Dewalt and they just send out new batteries.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:12 PM, Biggie said:

Dewalt batteries should have a 3 year warranty from either a receipt or the build date on the battery.  I'm not familiar with the charger warranty but it must be at least a 1 year warranty.  Ive sent a few in to a factory service center over the years without a receipt just using the date code on the battery and they send out new ones. I've also heard of people just calling Dewalt and they just send out new batteries.

True, I've gotten no questions asked replacements for both a DCB102 dual-port charger and a DCB204 4Ah battery.  I called a service center for the charger, which requested that I send it to them but told me that DeWalt would replace the charger instead of having them repair it.  Sure enough, I got a new charger a few days later.  The battery was the one I mentioned above.  before I found that it was corroded, I submitted a warranty claim with the manufacture code to DeWalt and they sent a new battery immediately.

Like most manufacturers, DeWalt's warranty information is easy to understand, and I'm sorry if fishera9 is misinformed or simply had a bad experience.  Receipts are good to keep on hand, especially if older tools or batteries are purchased new (think a 2018 kit that's been sitting on a shelf).  Without the receipt, the manufacturer can only base the warranty off the date of manufacture.  I've warrantied DeWalt and Milwaukee tools and am more than happy with their service. 

• 8 months later...

I'm probably the only one who had this issue but my previous drill charger didn't have a clicking mechanism to seat the battery in the charger so didn't even think to try with these. It's misleading that the red light comes on before they are clicked in. Needless to say I just had to seat them fully and they charge just fine. Feeling pretty stupid but wanted to post just in case someone else didn't know

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, Sam Mun said:

I'm probably the only one who had this issue but my previous drill charger didn't have a clicking mechanism to seat the battery in the charger so didn't even think to try with these. It's misleading that the red light comes on before they are clicked in. Needless to say I just had to seat them fully and they charge just fine. Feeling pretty stupid but wanted to post just in case someone else didn't know

oh my gosh. I was ready to order a new charger when I read this. I feel dumb…but it worked!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 4:54 PM, tfantastic said:

oh my gosh. I was ready to order a new charger when I read this. I feel dumb…but it worked!!

On 1/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, Sam Mun said:

I had to create an account just to say thanks to Sam’s post! I had a brand new charger and thought it was faulty until a Google search brought me here. Agree the light is misleading!