New Milwaukee Power Tool Teaser

DR99

If i was in one of these specific trades it were I would need them I would buy them in a heart beat. The big thing i like if the propress for plumbing if i was a plumbing guy that's huge for speed consistent quality and it will work with wet pipe. Shakbites are nice but they are expensive to use all the time while the tool is expensive the fittings are cheaper with the propress,so long term as a plumber you would save money and the tool can be used on pipes with some crazy diameters. I think I saw some places are requiring it for commercial work in the code, and for the contractor I bet it helps with liability the tool tells you if the joint has been done correctly sweating isn't and exact science the joints can fail and if they do it can cause a ton of damage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Tool Junkie. We did our camp in pex and our friend (the plumber) had a pex tool similiar to the milwaukee one. Everything went together quick and easy without any leaks. Still no leaks 2 years later. However, about 6 months ago at my parents house had an old solder spot starting to leak, a side that is close to the wall. The low visibility when soldering can be an issue. This caused us to cut a hole in the floor and wall to fix everything. When I build my house I might just buy the tool and pex the whole thing. Although I don't know which is better, pex or copper as far as life expectancy, still planning to do some research.

I'm kinda sold on pex for diy home owner type repairs it's so much easier to work with. Plus if you mess up it's not nearly as costly as compared to copper pipe. Pex and sharkbite fittings the are my go to products for plumbing.

I work in residential construction and pex is the only thing we use anymore. copper is way to expensive, splits when frozen, and slow to install, in my opinion, we use the copper ring to secure the fittings and we have had zero leaks and the best part is no battery powered tools to fool with just clamp and go. but thats just me.

materials are usually about the same, most of the time you save on labor. i have seen companies charge the same either way but its usually about a 10% savings when we do pex, but then again its been so long since we have done copper i doubt i could be very accurate. also i see  you're in michigan and for cold enviroments I would only have pex because it doesnt split like copper when frozen, it just expands.

Conductor, do they really lower the value of a house in your area if it has pex? if so that is ridiculous, as for my area, western NC, they dont decrease the value any for pex.

materials are usually about the same, most of the time you save on labor. i have seen companies charge the same either way but its usually about a 10% savings when we do pex, but then again its been so long since we have done copper i doubt i could be very accurate. also i see you're in michigan and for cold enviroments I would only have pex because it doesnt split like copper when frozen, it just expands.

Conductor, do they really lower the value of a house in your area if it has pex? if so that is ridiculous, as for my area, western NC, they dont decrease the value any for pex.

I asked the guy that appraised my house 2 months ago that question. Pex would have hit me for $2000 on a $230,000 house. Not huge, but noteworthy. He also commented that copper was a dying trend.

I used to be a RE appraiser in the good old days in the early 2000's when the market was strong. What I can say about anything that concerns value for a property always comes down to what someone (buyer) is willing to pay. If the appraiser said the value for Pex is $2000 +/- there must be valid proof from the comps.