Disconnected Chuck Jaw in my Dewalt DWD110 3/8' drill is blocking access to Spindle Mount Screw Head.

Dal3

One jaw has dropped into the chuck and will not move.

The other 2 jaws won't  fully retract., blocking access to the screw. The screw appears to have a-non standard hex screw head. If the screw head was T-20 or Phillips, as I've seen specified, the obstruction wouldn't prevent access.

I think I could get to the screw head by cutting the chuck in half. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Dale

If the chuck is junk anyhow cutting it apart to get a better look and access might be the thing to do.  I'm not real familiar with that specific drill but I do know some of dewalts cordless drills don't actually have a retaining screw.  In this case what you would actually be seeing is the end of the spindle which can have a dimple in the end that looks like it might be some kind of torque or allen head but it isn't.  If this were the case the chuck should just spin off with enough torque.