Dr ozzy golding

Ozzy

looking at the dewalt cordless impact driver

dcf787m2t-gb 

product code (screwfix)

963HP 

Was wondering if this is a good buy, I do allot of studwork and need a good impact driver that will last.

Anyone got experience or own this driver? Is it a good buy? Is it cheaper somewhere elce? 

Also does this pack come with the charger, I can only see batterys included in the description. 

I'm in the US, but £199 seems to be a good buy considering you get two 4Ah batteries, a T-Stak case, and the charger.

The DCF787 is DeWalt's budget brushless impact driver.  Looking at specs, it seems to be more powerful than the brushed DCF885 that was the mainstay of DeWalt kits until brushless took off.  It lacks the three speeds of the DCF887, though.

This impact driver should last a good while, and is probably all you need for driving screws in daily.  Those two batteries will probably last all day, though they are heavier than what some people prefer on their driving tools.  

I don't think it's a great deal, I think there are better to be had, and I think the 3 speed is a much more useful tool.

You can pick yourself up the DCF887 3 speed brushless model for the similar price (maybe with a different combinations of battery from FFX in the UK.  see a quick search of their options below:

991054723_ScreenShot2021-05-31at11_37_48.png.0ee55261dc8f07fdb59248949c4962a1.png