i gotta say, i love my m18 vac

astroboy

That would be cool. Some people say the battery life could be longer.

it isn't great for a big clean up. But I keep it on my bench to keep the saw dust at bay while I work. The plastic on the bottom is really nice for sliding all over the bench.

And it's also great for cleaning crevices on tools and stuff

Funny I was just using mine tonight to clean out my truck and wondering if they will be updating it soon.  The 4.0 really helps with run time.  I kinda of like the Dewalt vac, nice set up with everything easy to access, battery or cord.  However I doubt I would use the cord much, but who knows.

The one thing that also hurts sales on the vac it's not stocked as a bare tool at local Home Depot's they stock quite a few of the other tools.

I think I bought mine as a bare tool from amazon. But only because home depot was sold out. And it was there as a bare tool as well.

And the other cool thing about it is that it accepts the old school batteries as well

@ dr99 and Harold Wray: my home depot has them in stock and one on display. I was lucky to test it out but the battery literally died as I tried it. It seemed pretty strong before the power faded.

Harold, what do you think of the ridgid portable 4 gallon vac? The wd4070, I have that one and its pretty similar to the one you linked and has wheels and on board storage. It's also $20 cheaper. They also have another version of the same vac without the wheels for a bit cheaper but it's harder to find.

@ dr99 and Harold Wray: my home depot has them in stock and one on display. I was lucky to test it out but the battery literally died as I tried it. It seemed pretty strong before the power faded.

Harold, what do you think of the ridgid portable 4 gallon vac? The wd4070, I have that one and its pretty similar to the one you linked and has wheels and on board storage. It's also $20 cheaper. They also have another version of the same vac without the wheels for a bit cheaper but it's harder to find.

if I remember, I will time my battery on Monday to see how long I get.

Having a cordless vacuum is really nice I bought the Ryobi wet dry canister vac and use it all the time my friend really wants one but they stopped making it. I bought the Ryobi just before I started getting M18 tools. I still use my Ryobi Lawn tools they are pretty nice for what I need to do with them.