DCN660 Nailer Fail

Hockey_Steve

First time for me posting in the forum, because my Dewalt tools haven't let me down until yesterday.

The magazine on my DCN660 finishing nailer emptied with four more nails needed. I reloaded the magazine but when I tried to use it the right LED started flashing, indicating a nail jam.

I followed the instructions in the manual, and there was no jammed nail and the actuator hadn't stalled in the wrong position. 

I completed the fix and reinstalled the battery, but I still get the flashing LED. 

I've gone through the process several times and used a fresh fully charged battery with no joy.

Dewalt customer service and my local dealer weren't able to offer a solution, so I've come to the experts for your help. 😉

I give the back of my dcn21 gun a good smack on the ground or tap driver down with a nail set to get the driver to fully retract, the jam release lever doesn't work sometimes, it looks like the head of your gun is jammed in, a small pc of nail? Could just be pic. I haven't had my 16 jam up yet, I did exchange it @ depot last year, first one sounded loud and damaged

On 6/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, Kirkk said:

I give the back of my dcn21 gun a good smack on the ground or tap driver down with a nail set to get the driver to fully retract, the jam release lever doesn't work sometimes, it looks like the head of your gun is jammed in, a small pc of nail? Could just be pic. I haven't had my 16 jam up yet, I did exchange it @ depot last year, first one sounded loud and damaged

Gave the smack a try but no luck

Our local dealer has someone who works on power tools so I think I'll just drop it with them.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I am having the exact same problem.  I opened the box shot about 10 nails and not it is dead.  With Hockey_Steve saying the dealer and customer service couldn't help does not give me confidence.  I paid extra to get the Dewault because I though they could be trusted, but the manual had errors right from the start and then the gun failed.  I may just send it back and give up on Dewault.