Always wear your PPE

DR99

Or something like this could happen. This wasn't me it was a post off Reddit and I know its hard to afford a full face shield as a DIY'er as a lot of us are, but grinders are up there on the danger scale over so many other power tools.

gK6VEzX.jpg

Safety is number 1 priority. Funny how some people take offense when I kindly advise them to use safety glasses or dust masks and say that it's for wimps or its stupid. I even had a contractor tell me that because he has "skill" he doesn't get debris in his eye when he doesn't ever use safety glasses. The same guy scrapes off popcorn ceilings without testing for asbestos and doesn't wear masks told me He's been doing this for decades and hasn't gotten mesothelioma.

I would be blind over 10 times by now if I didn't use safety glasses

Wow that is a wild picture.  Javier your right about that.  I have told people about safety and they look at me or say something like mind my own business.  However I need to learn to use more safety stuff.  I was brought up with never using safety stuff and I still operate like that today.  How hard is it to put on glasses.  It only takes one time.  I can talk a good talk, but now I just need to listen to myself.

I hear it's not fun when you get a spot inspection by OSHA. I'm guilty of not putting on glasses when doing a quick cut or small task. One small incident could last a life time. It's amazing how many people get injured by nailguns and they have a double safety.