Which one is best corded or corless?

TomBanton233

When it comes to power best jigsaw the choice used to be limited to the corded electric type, for all practical purposes. Until recently, the kind of jigsaw that you need to connect to your mains was the tools that are powerful and reliable enough to cut through not just softwoods, but also harder materials such as hardwoods, ceramics or even metal.

Nowadays, though, cordless power tools have come a long way – and cordless jigsaws are no exception. Newer lithium ion batteries now offer more capacity, longer battery life, and better charging characteristics, to the extent that manufacturers can now put in more powerful motors in cordless jigsaws.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My daughter and I have remodeled several homes together.

Being thicker than mud I eventually realized I always grabbed her cordless tools instead of my nearby excellent old corded tools.

Then I purchased a set of excellent set of DeWALT cordless tools. Being a single user, I can swap to a nearby battery and drop the existing flat one into the charger.

My corded tools are used for mixing mortar and for demolition.

(I also hate the necessary evile of purchasing printer ink...)

Paying full retail price for batteries is a no-go for me.  Instead, I look for discounted kits (special buys and the like).  A few examples include the Ryobi One+ 4-position ratchet kits that were recently on clearance.  Bare tool price is $79, Special Buy kit price was $89, and the included 1.5Ah battery retail for $49.97.  I bought one kit at $63, kept the battery, and gave the ratchet to a friend.  When the price dropped to $45, I bought a kit for myself.  So, for under $100 (with 10% discount) I got the batteries, two chargers, and two ratchets.  Another example is the Milwaukee M18 Compact Brushless drill kit.  Bare tool runs around $130, 2Ah battery is $79, and the Special Buy kit price was $99 a few years back.  I lacked any compact batteries at the time, so when i found two kits for $60 apiece I snatched them up.  That deal netted two compact batteries, two M18/M12 charges, two drills, and cost $108 plus tax.