It's A Sad Day In Milwaukee Today

DR99

The new Dewalt brushless 3 speed drill beat out the Milwaukee fuel :/ It put up a good fight but it is a 2 year old drill now and the young whippersnapper beat it. Well I bet Milwilaukee will not let it stand for long being beaten by Dewalt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqmuZWCE9J4&feature=c4-overview&list=UURk_05sROhZOd4GZh-BOB8Q

TTI makes more stuff in the USA than Dewalt. The drill is 2 years older plus the fuel drill wasn't brand new either its probably been used many times by Eric by now. I will admit the fuel would probably lost but possibly at not as many holes. They won't let this salvo be unanswered for long.

TTI makes more stuff in the USA than Dewalt. The drill is 2 years older plus the fuel drill wasn't brand new either its probably been used many times by Eric by now. I will admit the fuel would probably lost but possibly at not as many holes. They won't let this salvo be unanswered for long.

Way I look at it is, Dewalt is a brand of stanley/black and decker which I'd put my money on having more tools made here then TTI ever will

If any tool was any good, 2 years of use unless heavily abused should not hurt the drill much especially a brushless motor tool...

And for Milwaukee to release a new updated version I can only see coming next fall at the earliest and will probably need to be heavily reworked with an even more efficient brushless motor and reworked redlink circuitry... and for it to stay the same size, to get an even better brushless motor in there will probably cost more money as if Milwaukee was building good tools already had one of the best they could get to keep the price in the range they wanted  

In the end, brushless dewalt vs brushless milwaukee they are pretty well even... Buy what you have already and everyone's happy...All top quality tools

Milwaukee has more USA tools than Dewalt does and that's a fact.

Dewalt makes nice stuff, but we haven't seen the premium Fuel yet ;)

And is still not hear after 2 plus years... Simple fact probably to build a drill like that, too heavy, long, tall and price not many would be willing to pay... the last one never sold so why invest in the same kind again but need to charge even more for it being brushless

Far as tools, Dewalt has some hand tools made hear But I don't believe Milwaukee does. Is the 995 made in mexico though like the 985?

I knew dewalt would make it their priority to out run the fuel hammer drill. They had to in order to not have more people switch over. Good matchup for run time. Shows the clear winner in that category. I'm interested in seeing if ptr will redo another hammer drill showdown. In their last one they did many tests and the dewalt brushed was the clear winner in speed for larger holes in wood.

My buddies and I had a "screw off" a couple of years ago. The drills were all very different but the results were interesting. We were putting masonite flooring into a theatre. 1/4" masonite with two layers of 3/4" of ply underneath. The rules were that you had to keep it on high until it wouldn't put any more 1 1/2" screws in. And then you switched to low gear to see how many more you could get in.

The results:

Makita 14.4: 203 screws

Ryobi 18: 207 screws

Hitachi 10.8: 198

Dewalt 14.4: 555! (my drill. I gloated about this for so long that my wife eventually made me a t-shirt. I have since switched to a m18 fuel)