"Airbnb" for Power Tool Rentals

AZ14

I want to build the "Airbnb for tool rentals"...

One problem I come across often is that I don't have the tools/equipment I need for the projects I undertake (or the ones that are thrust upon me...I'm talking about you fallen tree branch from Monday's storm here in Arizona).

I also have "a ton" of tools/equipment taking up space in my garage that I bought for one-off projects or for just once a year projects (the dethatcher I bought to dethatch my lawn twice a year comes to mind). I'm not complaining about extra tools but it was probably a bit of a waste.

I am wondering if there would be interest in a type of "airbnb for tool/equipment rentals", where we could all list the tools we already own and rent them to people who live nearby earning some extra money on the equipment that sits unused for 95% of the time. I'd definitely let someone use my detacher for an easy $20/day.

We could also rent the equipment we need when we need it, close by (maybe on our own street), instead of buying everything we need all the time or renting from Home Depot, if they have it, if HD is close by, and if it's worth it based on price. 

What do you think??

I have been wrestling with this idea for some time and I have started to build a site to test it out. 

I would be concerned about tool condition -whether the tools worked when sent out and how they were upon return. Tool rental houses use certain brands and models, often, that tend to cost more but hold up better and/or can be serviced. A lot of homeowner level tools won't hold up and may not be serviceable due to lack of parts or "one-way" construction. When you get to the level of pro- tools, you start competing with existing rental houses I bet there's more than one near you. Where I live, several HD's rent tools. Strangely, the tools they rent are a different class from what they sell. Good luck