SDS drill bits for wood?

fishnaked

3 hours ago, wingless said:

The two common sizes of SDS tools / bits are SDS Plus and SDS Max.

Which size is being sought for wood bits?

3/8", 1/2", & 3/4", SDS Plus.

Not being able to find anything other than a couple cheap no-name bits, it looks like I'll just have to get the adapter which can be found for $15.

On 09.09.2021 at 19:24, fishnaked said:

Bulabildiğim tek SDS ahşap bitleri, birkaç isimsiz ucuz bit. Ahşap için iyi kalitede SDS uçları var mı? Yoksa SDS matkabımda normal uçları kullanabilmem için bir matkap ucu ayna adaptörü satın almam mı gerekecek?

Hello, you can get the set for whatever you need it for. My friends told me the Dewalt Drill bit set is ok.

There are some SDS+ Auger wood drill bits from a German brand called CK in 6 Metric sizes only as much as I remember. 12mm, 16mm... SDS+ shank brad point?! First time here I found out about Makita ones, I would not use SDS+ brad point drill bits in these small sizes, they might break easily. I should also say CK is a German brand but their Auger bits seems to be made in Far East (China/Taiwan most probably) Currently none of the well known brands do make their Auger drill bits in Western World, Only quality but expensive Auger drill bits are made by Star-M (Known as WoodOwl in USA and kwb in Europe) made in Japan. Also Fisch makes some in Austria. What I said here is about 1/4" E6.3 hex shank Auger drill bits, if you go for round shank auger drill bits you can find German made FAMAG Auger drill bits but very expensive. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, fishnaked said:

3/8", 1/2", & 3/4" sizes? That would be great! Can you provide a link?

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/B-49638
This is on the official site. It has 3/8" and 1/2", you can look if they have 3/4" too.. I think they would be included aswell.

I think for Bosch you may have to buy different sets for different sizes. But you may be able to find more information on this on their website.I may be wrong.

Also, Altan may be right in saying that they may break. But these are the ones that I have used quiet sometimes(the Makita ones) and have worked well for me.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...