Milwaukee eService newbie questions

miamicuse

My apologies if this has been addressed before.  I have an 18V Fuel Hackzall that is acting up and need service.  I never registered the tool and I think I tried to register it at one point but was told there is no need because Milwaukee goes by the serial numbers so I never registered it.  I know I purchased it as a kit (including drill, impact, hackzall, one 5ah battery, one 6ah battery) in December of 2019 and home depot at the time had a special to throw in an extra starter kit 5ah battery and charger.  I may still have the receipt somewhere but it will take some effort to find it.

Anyways, I signed up for a new account at service.milwaukeetool.com.  Here are my specific questions.

(1) Do I need to upload my receipt or can they tell the date of purchase (approximately) but my serial number?

(2) It appears I can only "ADD A TOOL" if I intend on sending it in for service?  Because it asked me what the issue is with that tool.  Is it possible to add all my Milwaukee tools in there, and upload all the receipts (if I can find them) so that when it comes time to service I can just select the one that needs repair and submit a request?

(3) If you buy a tool kit with multiple pieces, or have "bonus" battery or starter kits. if they need to be sent in for repairs, are you ADDING the tool kit or just the individual tool that's experiencing the issue?

(4) I do not have a problem with batteries and chargers right now, but I am curious how this is addressed for repairs.  I have three 5ah batteries, two 2ah batteries, one 6ah battery.  I don't really know/remember which 5ah battery came with which combo kit, which one came with the drill, which one came with the blower etc...I pick up whichever battery with a full charge and use them with whichever tool.  So in the event that I have a 5ah battery that is failing, I honestly cannot tell if that battery came with the December 2019 drill impact hackzall kit, or the bonus starter kit, or the May 2020 blower kit, or the November 2019 2G vacuum.  Now if I don't know which kit that battery came from, how would I know which receipt to upload?  I have to think this is a common issue, where some of you have a dozen batteries and do you keep track of which battery came from which purchase?

1. The serial number has a date code so e-service will honor the power tools warranty for 5 years from that date.  They will also honor it 5 years from the date of purchase if you have the receipt.  I don't think the fuel hackzall has been out for 5 years so you probably don't have to worry about the receipt at this time.

2.  Although they've recently changed some things on e-service, I don't think it's really a tool registry, but I could be wrong about that.

3.  Any time I've sent something in, they only want the defective tool and not the whole kit/ batteries and chargers.

4.  Good question.  I don't think they have any way of knowing what kit your batteries came with.  I would think the build date and receipt date have to make sense meaning you couldn't send in a battery with a build date of 2020 with a receipt from 2019.  I've never sent in a battery but the warranty on them is a little different.  I think the warranty is only 3 years and they can read the first time it was charged and how many times it's been charged from the electronics so they might prorate how much warranty you actually get.  Don't quote me on the details, I've read the warranty before but it's been a few years.

Thank you very much for the information.  I am glad I am not the only who mix and match batteries for different tools and don't remember if a battery comes from which tool (which receipt).  Seems like this would be a common issue especially for those who have many Milwaukee tools.