DWS779 Dust Deflector

Abstract3000

Greetings,

Recently When a small slice of composite decking road the blade upwards on my miter saw it wedged itself between the dust deflector shattering the hinging part to pieces and warping the the other piece. I have purchased both OEM replacement parts but just need some help putting it back together. I have enclosed a picture with the specific part I have no idea in what do with, which is a slim piece of slightly bent aluminum on the upper bolt that fastens it. If someone could possibly take a picture or two of how its supposed to look (I can only find a photo of the side but circled the bolt that contains the little aluminum piece I'm trying to get a better look at.

I visited the big box stores to get an idea and see it up close, but everyone seems to be out of stock at the moment of this particular model. I know its a very common saw out there, and was hoping someone on here could help me out. Thanks for your time and consideration.

part.png

image000000.jpg