Ryobi RY408100VNM snowblower...

jamis

I will be getting a RY408100VNM snowblower when they become available in a few weeks.  This brand new model is a single stage, 21" wide, battery powered by two 7.5 ahr. sequential batteries machine. It will replace my 21 year old Toro S2000 two stroke unit and free me from all gas powered lawn tools.  Can't wait for the snow to fly.

I went to the Ryobi 40 volt attachment capable string trimmer last year to replace a  12 year old Troybilt 4 stroke attachment capable string trimmer.  I have TrimmerPlus and Expand-It attachments dating back to the '90s. The new trimmer head works wonderfully.  I tilled my garden yesterday with it and my 4 ahr. and 6 ahr. batteries. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My snowblower has just shipped from Ryobi's HQ in SC.  Unfortunately, it is shipping via FEDEX.  The local FEDEX distribution center has a 90,000 parcel backlog and has been taking weeks to clear it, so who knows when it will actually arrive.

The snowblower went from Anderson, SC to Charlotte, NC & back to Anderson, SC in 2 days via FedEx. I guessed something was amiss when FedEx showed 2 day ground shipping from SC to NWOH.  Ryobi is figuring out what happened.  Fortunately, snow is not predicted here for some time.

OK, the snowblower made it from SC to Perrysburg, OH in two days. It's a nine hour drive on interstate highways.  Perrysburg is the town next to Maumee, a distance of 3 miles.  However, today, the parcel left Perrysburg bound for Oak Park, MI some 76 miles away. Gotta love it.

The machine was delivered yesterday evening and the box looked pretty rough.  However, the packaging inside was very robust and the machine unpacked with no damage.  Assembly was simple and took all of ten minutes with a #1 phillips screwdriver.  Both 7.5 ahr. batteries charged fine in 75 min. each, costing $0.035 to charge each.  Everything ran as advertised.  The headlight lit up a space twice as wide as the machine and about 40' in front in total darkness.  The old Toro CCR1000 has been stored away and all that remains is a snowfall. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have now put 5 hours on this machine. I have used it for multiple snow falls and it has performed flawlessly. It even has chewed through the snow plow humps at the ends of the driveways with ease. A pair of 6 ahr. batteries lasted for 45 min. running on high speed. A pair of 7.5 ahr. HP batteries ran for 75 min. on high speed and had two bars out. The two rapid chargers I have recharged the 6 ahr. packs in 60 min. and will recharge the 7.5 ahr. packs in 75 min. The machine is incredibly quiet. I measured it at 60 dB running at high auger speed. I cleared one neighbor's driveway and they didn't hear anything. Oh yeah, it costs me $0.035 to fully charge one of the 7.5 ahr. batteries. At lot less than what it costs to run my Toro two stroke snowblower and a lot quieter too. The 11" wheels make it easy to maneuver over irregularities.