wrenches

LEGENDZZZ

For me, quality on hand tools, like screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchet wrenches and sockets is the ability to resist damage from normal and abusive usage. A free warranty replacement is also a good element to a quality tool. One example of infrequent abuse I have performed is sliding a pipe over a wrench to enable significantly greater torque application.

My experience w/ low end tools is that they don't withstand abuse so I don't purchase or use those tools.

My guess is that these Pittsburgh tools fall into that category, w/ the primary benefit being functionality at a low cost.

Uncertain how to gauge quality prior to usage and potential failure.

There is also a lot to your personal impression.  I like the feel of Dewalt drill handles while I have a buddy who prefers Milwaukee.  So feel and comfort is important so you are always better off trying the tools before you buy.

In regards to quality, it's hard to tell.  If you are wrenching everyday, you will need to pay a little more and buy something for the long haul.  However if you are just wrenching a couple of times a month, i am sure either one will suite your needs, again it's what feel better in your hand.