Kobalts Gimacky Hand Tools

firefighter4187

Hey Makita for a bunch of free tools I will be be super loyal I just want the new 4.0 ah packs not the crap 3.0's. I know the companies must troll around her occasionally. Makita could use some good pr around this forum. We have a bunch of milwaukee and dewalt fan's here I think bosch is 3rd then makia no one really talks about having their tools.

• Like 1

An avatar change along with a name change is a real possibility. Makita currently has Miss and Señorita Makita say hello to the future señor  Makita do they still expect me to wear the Bikini's though is the real pressing question of the moment.

I bought the hypercoil light and I like it. I let my grandpa use it so he could see bad spots on the primer on his truck before we paint it. It works fine for that. It is nice and bright but the light has a slight blue tint but other than that it is perfect.

I bought the hypercoil light and I like it. I let my grandpa use it so he could see bad spots on the primer on his truck before we paint it. It works fine for that. It is nice and bright but the light has a slight blue tint but other than that it is perfect.

Yea, blue tint is awful. I've held onto halogen lights forever, but options are starting to get a little slim.

http://toolguyd.com/kobalt-3-in-1-ratchet/

Talk about Gimmicky!! Holy $hit Kobalt!!! You never seem so amaze me.....what are they going to release next, a 5 in one power tool, a drill with a flip out recip saw, circ saw, jigsaw and a radio built in lol

http://toolguyd.com/kobalt-3-in-1-ratchet/

Talk about Gimmicky!! Holy $hit Kobalt!!! You never seem so amaze me.....what are they going to release next, a 5 in one power tool, a drill with a flip out recip saw, circ saw, jigsaw and a radio built in lol

I agree this ratchet is on the extreme end of usability, but I will say this. I have a short handled, flex head, Titan ratchet that is 3/8" and 1/4". It's not a ratchet I reach for all the time, but it makes a great bit ratchet because some of my bit socket sets are mixed drive sizes. Also makes a nice stubby ratchet.

That being said, this ratchet possesses neither of these qualities. The 1/2"/1/4" plug raises a lot of clearance concerns and I wonder if it would be of any use at all with shallow sockets as the 1/4" plug would have to stick down into the broach of the socket.

All this talk of gimmick tools makes me realize how close to the holidays we actually are sigh :/

Each holiday season brings a succession of useless "tools" from well meaning family members who know as much about tools as I do astro physics. Buying a guy like me who has over 300 sockets, 30+ ratchets, 7 sets of combo wrenches, and one of the only near complete sets of Plomb War Finish combos with no skips known to exist, a f$&king dog bone wrench is like buying your Dentist a tooth brush.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative, and it's the thought that counts, but if you have no idea what to get me, why not ask?

All this talk of gimmick tools makes me realize how close to the holidays we actually are sigh :/

Each holiday season brings a succession of useless "tools" from well meaning family members who know as much about tools as I do astro physics. Buying a guy like me who has over 300 sockets, 30+ ratchets, 7 sets of combo wrenches, and one of the only near complete sets of Plomb War Finish combos with no skips known to exist, a f$&king dog bone wrench is like buying your Dentist a tooth brush.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative, and it's the thought that counts, but if you have no idea what to get me, why not ask?

I know exactly what you mean, I love my grandfather, and knows i know my tools, but buys me walmart brand socket set or along those lines haha. I would much more appreciate instead of buying all these little things, buy me one thing that equals the cost of all those little things, like a williams 1/2 in drive set haha