Dodge is the best truck, hands down

firefighter4187

Well I am going to have big things coming up, im buying a BIG project. Hopefully Friday going to do the deal on a 1999 Dodge ram 1500HD, Has extended cab, 4x4 5.2 V8(for pulling fords and z71s) Its and SLT Laramie so had the bells and whistles for that year like cassete tape hahaha. It has 179000 and runs and drives like a top!!! The guy was asking 4650, went down to 3500 and i got him down to 3000 with the tool box. NO RUST needs a new a/c condenser, hardly any dings or sratches, no dents, has new brakes. The dash is cracked,(finding one that is not in the 2nd gen dodges is like finding a needle in a haystack....really it is. Well enough of this talking and here it is: http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/4133508420.html

Now for the mods list: (when funds are efficient)

Flowmasters(true duals sounds like complete shit imo)

afe intake

chip

bedliner

37in superswampers

bushwackers

custom bumper(im going to weld!!)

winch

custom tool organizer of some sort

beef up suspension but not jack it up, it has a 1.5 in factory lift, it looks very good, with bigger tires it will look fantastic

nerf bars

new sound system

gooseneck

new seats

undercoat the whole thing

if i do all that i may not be a member any more, i would have to sell my computer to pay for it all hahaha tell me what you think, seems like most people on here likes milwaukee and drives dodges, the way it should be

I traded my Dodge in. I had 115,000 on it and needed something newer for the frequent long drives.

I bought a white 2014 1500 crew cab with the Hemi. My 09 was an SLT, but I bought the Express this time. It's not quite as fancy inside, but I like the front fold down bench seat.

Go with a spray in liner. They threw it in at the dealership, but I'd made up my mind that I was going to do it myself. If you do it yourself, but the gun and do it right, don't try doing it with rattle cans.

Yes haha, thats why i am crying in joy because gas is going lowervbut who knows how long it could be till it jumps up, the guy that owned has owned it for 8 years just retired from.the army, hes a mechanic himself and took really good care of it, it is also his dailey driver(mechanic at sears) for fair shape in kelly blue book if you were to trade it in it listed 4200, i think im getting a good deal, 180,000 is getting up there but if you keep up with the required maintence it will run upwards of 400000 miles, i may fix this one up, sell for a profit and then do another one and have a side buissness going there, then maybe save up to buy a cummins diesel, then i will be set for life, the biggest thing is my daddy did not buy this truck, i bought it haha, i really want a diesel, but you cant find one that is in bad shape for under 4000.  Conductor how did your 97 treat you? I know gas mileage is bad but if you want power, that comes at a price... I hopefully will gain some mpg with air intake, exhaust and a supe chip, some guys on a truck forum improved from the 12mpg stock up to 18mpg with the mods. The biigest thing is i need a full size truck! I will be pulling a tandem trailer and even a gosseneck at some point,

I liked my 97. It was a regular cab, short wheel base, Laramie. I had it about 3 years until I had to sell it. I was working in Kentucky and driving almost 80 miles each to work, so 12 mpg wasn't cutting it. Never had any problems out of it though.

I traded my Dodge in. I had 115,000 on it and needed something newer for the frequent long drives.

I bought a white 2014 1500 crew cab with the Hemi. My 09 was an SLT, but I bought the Express this time. It's not quite as fancy inside, but I like the front fold down bench seat.

Go with a spray in liner. They threw it in at the dealership, but I'd made up my mind that I was going to do it myself. If you do it yourself, but the gun and do it right, don't try doing it with rattle cans.

How about roll-on?

I liked my 97. It was a regular cab, short wheel base, Laramie. I had it about 3 years until I had to sell it. I was working in Kentucky and driving almost 80 miles each to work, so 12 mpg wasn't cutting it. Never had any problems out of it though.

Yeah , the guy that owns the white truck was a mechanic in the army and now a mecahanic at sears, he has taken good care of the truck, and every possible preventative maintenance, the tool box should be called a parts box, he has all the fluids, replacement belts filters gaskets repair kits, back up headlights.

A Dodge, Really?  Did you fall on your head when you were young?  

"Those who say they'd rather push a Dodge than drive a Ford usually do." 
"How do you get a Dodge to accelerate from 0-60 in under 20 seconds? You push it off a cliff." 
"How can you make a Dodge look good? Park it between two Fords." 
"What is it when you see a Dodge drive to the top of a hill? A miracle." 
"How do you make a Dodge worth $50? Put gas in the tank."

I am just joking, I had to put my dig in.  That's a really nice looking truck.  My buddy has a Dodge and has about 130K.  He loves it.  They are mean looking trucks.   OK one last one.  "How is a golf ball different from a Dodge?  You can drive a golf ball 200 yards."

I know a couple of you own Dodge's, so I might have just dug my own grave.

A Dodge, Really?  Did you fall on your head when you were young?  

"Those who say they'd rather push a Dodge than drive a Ford usually do." 

"How do you get a Dodge to accelerate from 0-60 in under 20 seconds? You push it off a cliff." 

"How can you make a Dodge look good? Park it between two Fords." 

"What is it when you see a Dodge drive to the top of a hill? A miracle." 

"How do you make a Dodge worth $50? Put gas in the tank."

I am just joking, I had to put my dig in.  That's a really nice looking truck.  My buddy has a Dodge and has about 130K.  He loves it.  They are mean looking trucks.   OK one last one.  "How is a golf ball different from a Dodge?  You can drive a golf ball 200 yards."

I know a couple of you own Dodge's, so I might have just dug my own grave.

Lol, You had a gmc correct? Im glad you got rid of it....gay man's chevrolet haha

When is someone going to say your truck wears combat boots.

Lol, ford designs there fenders extra small, so you cannot fit a larger offroad tire, there for you cant take it off road so you wont break the truck the first puddle you go through so you won't have to warranty the truck.....hahaha

I don't know jack about trucks. But since it is your first vehicle I assume, it reminds me of my first car. I remember I felt the need to soup it up. Didn't get to since it was always needing to get fixed. Glad I didn't spend money on stuff that I really didn't need like bumper kits or chips or neon lighting and all that other junk you don't need. I'm not saying don't fix it up, if you got the money go for it. But if you do fix it up atleast start with what it really needs first and then get all that extra stuff. I see too many kids with 22" rims, don't get me wrong some are pretty slick but then you look at the rest of the car and it needs a paint job, had a ton of dents, etc.

Man I sound like an old geezer and I'm only 30 lol

I don't know jack about trucks. But since it is your first vehicle I assume, it reminds me of my first car. I remember I felt the need to soup it up. Didn't get to since it was always needing to get fixed. Glad I didn't spend money on stuff that I really didn't need like bumper kits or chips or neon lighting and all that other junk you don't need. I'm not saying don't fix it up, if you got the money go for it. But if you do fix it up atleast start with what it really needs first and then get all that extra stuff. I see too many kids with 22" rims, don't get me wrong some are pretty slick but then you look at the rest of the car and it needs a paint job, had a ton of dents, etc.

Man I sound like an old geezer and I'm only 30 lol

Couldnt agree more, im keeping it stock and doing things gradually.

Only had one mopar vehicle an Jeep Cherokee classic it was ok except for electrical gremlins. I just wasn't a Dodge truck fan until the came out with the latest Ram body style. My F150 was much better than the Silverado except for the motor. The old 5.4 was a lead sled next to the 5.3 in the chevy.

My truck, or will be in 24hours is a 5.2, but has hd package, so it has beefed up frame and 1 ton leaf springs for a gooseneck, basically the 2500 frame with the 1500 badge and motor, but then when looking at payload and tow capacity, it is the exact same as the 5.9!!!