New

TerryG

I'm retired and a total amateur/rookie woodworker.  I bought a Bosch 4100 table saw about one year ago and I'm still learning how to use it.  

For example, I was trying to make some accurate rips but wasn't getting the desired result.  My 8 in long workpieces always measured about 0.020" wider at the far end.  So I measured the fence/blade parallelism and found the fence too far from the blade at the far end (duh).  Long ago I observed the fence moving a little when locking it but assumed that movement was squaring up the blade, not "unsquaring" it.  Ha, ha, the joke's on me.

Before attempting to adjust the fence I measured the blade/miter slot parallelism.  I measured about 0.008" error.  I loosened the four bolts and, with some difficulty, moved the blade a tiny amount to about 0.002" error.

Then I went to the fence.  The instructions are simple but very uninformative.  It's just those two bolts.  I don't get it.  Anyway, I messed with it for a long time and finally got a good result.

I have not yet tested the accuracy of my 8 in cuts.  Maybe tomorrow, busy today.