Video review of the DeWalt gyroscopic driver and the Hitachi cordless screwdriver...

Moze

OK, i'm obviously no Dan and Eric (props to you guys).

There are a few videos on YouTube of the driver that kind of show it being used, but not really anything in depth.

The video turned out to be much longer than I meant it to be and I didn't realize what I was doing at the end wasn't in the frame. So sorry for being a novice. Hopefully the video is helpful to some.

click for video

Is it just me or does it look like the Hitachi driver has a ton of wobble in the chuck? Nice job on your first video! Was typing this up while watching the video you did mention that in the video about the hitachi having problems.

Yeah, I think it was just that outer ring/collar, but I still don't like it.

Good video overall. Surprised the dewalt was able to drill with the low rpm. I see you bought both, what advantage do these have over a pistol grip 12v screwdriver?

Thanks...I should have shipped the tools to Eric and Dan and let them do it lol.

The advantage over the pistol grip is thee both convert into straight screwdrivers which is nice for tight areas where the larger size of the pistol grip won't fit.

The stand you are using, is that a ridgid?  Kind of like the Jawhorse

Awesome review, nice job.

Thanks, Eric.

The stand is the Triton Superjaws. From my understanding, it's kind of "the original" of these types of stands. I don't think it transforms as easily as the newer variations though.

Thanks, Eric.

The stand is the Triton Superjaws. From my understanding, it's kind of "the original" of these types of stands. I don't think it transforms as easily as the newer variations though.

Hey DamnYankee! Awesome review and I love Hitachi tools too.  I wanted to comment on the Triton. I bought one and absolutely love it!  It came in last year and although I have not used it too much, I just began a new project at the house and am looking forward to putting it through the paces so to speak.

Yeah it's true but your right on about it. I actually got mine on a special I saw on Toolguyd, it was listed on Rockwell for something like $70 last year. If they do it again I'm buying a second one! Real heavy duty too. Of course it's real heavy too! I used it most recently on a door but have many projects lined up for the winter and spring