Hi all,

Hkmk23

Just joined, I have a query, I am a big fan of Milwaukee power tools and I am slowly replacing my Ryobi tools with Milwaukee.

Question: I am about to start putting some radiators into a new section of our house and have decided to go with copper pipes, I will be using 12mm, 22mm, 28, (1/2", 3/4", 1" ? ) and intend to use press fittings.

So bearing in mind that I don't do this for a living, although I do all my own maintenance (two houses in two countries, but that's another story).

So do I go for the M12 press or the M18 press. I don't want to buy the tool that is not up to the job but I don't want to waste money on a tool that is overkill. I have several M12 chargers and tools and batteries but nothing as yet in M18.

Thanks for reading this

cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

Not a plumber, even though I have replumbed several houses and have been plumbing for decades (impossible to qualify for professional plumber because of insufficient exposed butt crack), I am wondering why the choice of components has been selected.

The copper pipe and soldered fittings is one of my favorite tools / materials for plumbing. I always / only use the thicker Type L copper tubing.

Why do the press fittings?

For the radiator project there will be locations where a torch (I use MAPP gas for the higher temperature) could be problematic for adjacent materials. In those instances I either use remote sub assembly fabrication or a flexible heat shield or both to not ignite the house. I also keep a small bucket of water handy just in case.

Here is a recent shared kitchen / bathroom wall done in copper supplies.

50880068276_d814ce5cd3_c.jpg

• Like 2