Tool Predictions - 2014

Conductor562

Those are some damn good reviews right there!! barely beat out the Black & decker autowrench, and how long did it take them to sit and perfect this tool?? Damnit dewalt,Now i have to think of a good excuse why your radar scanner was a pos.......

• Like 1

Those are some damn good reviews right there!! barely beat out the Black & decker autowrench, and how long did it take them to sit and perfect this tool?? Damnit dewalt,Now i have to think of a good excuse why your radar scanner was a pos.......

I don't think any of them are really that good the dewalt, milwaukee or the bosch

Nice topic and some good predictions for 2014.  Regarding the Dewalt scanner, we just tested ours and will be releasing that soon.  Put it this way, it's a great party favor.  I love the idea of it showing a picture of what is behind the wall and looks awesome.  However the reliability is sub-par.  Sometimes it works dead one, but a lot of times it fails.  I understand they are competing against the Bosch and Milwaukee for a lower price point, but to me it doesn't make sense if it's not accurate.  I can accept a scanner to be wrong sometimes (maybe just because i am use to seeing them fail), but not as much as the Dewalt does.  

Nice topic and some good predictions for 2014.  Regarding the Dewalt scanner, we just tested ours and will be releasing that soon.  Put it this way, it's a great party favor.  I love the idea of it showing a picture of what is behind the wall and looks awesome.  However the reliability is sub-par.  Sometimes it works dead one, but a lot of times it fails.  I understand they are competing against the Bosch and Milwaukee for a lower price point, but to me it doesn't make sense if it's not accurate.  I can accept a scanner to be wrong sometimes (maybe just because i am use to seeing them fail), but not as much as the Dewalt does.  

Which on a site, i am no professional, but i expect my tools to perform at 100% of what i expect it to do, if that scanner misses something, there could be some big problems down the road with that structure.

Which on a site, i am no professional, but i expect my tools to perform at 100% of what i expect it to do, if that scanner misses something, there could be some big problems down the road with that structure.

Which is exactly why pro's won't use them until they can be relied upon.

5.0-6.0 ah packs would be pretty insane I think they might have to move to an active cooling system though to get the charge times down to something reasonable your looking at almost 2 hours for a charge.

Wouldn't mind that or even if they made a newer more expensive quick charger for the even higher capacity batteries.

Metabo runs some active cooling on their chargers same with Makita and Bosch. I'm not sure if anyone else is doing it at the moment, and the new Dewalt XR packs have aluminum heat sinks on them now. So heat is starting to become an issue with these higher capacity packs. If I had the cash I would have some Metabo tools they are more for general construction where festool is more for trim carpenters and wood workers for the most part.