Makita has some new tools comming out

DR99

• 1 month later...

You know, you'd think Makita would beef up the power on that right angle to be in line with the M12 and Bosch. But the RPM's and torque rating don't seem to be up there. I'm not sure what they're going for but the range of speed and torque available on the other tools seem to be much better and allow you to quickly shift from one job to another while doing an install. I will say that the head length seems to be pretty short making more room for you to work but...

Other than the barely shorter head, the makita has the same specs as the Milwaukee except the m12 has an electronic clutch. The m12 is old and you would think with today's tech it would be easy to make a better one than theirs. It's hard to get excited over this right angle 12v makita but if you're a makita 12v owner any new tools are better than none.

The power stats on the M12 are the same, of course EVERYONE knows the M12 is better. The problem is with Makita expanding its line is the lack of forethought and pure innovation in an otherwise unchanged tool line up. I used to have Makita 10.8's and frankly got tired of the limited use in the compact tool line. The M12, in this case as you are aware, offers better power control through the use of a clutch and what I would assume is a better speed control. Come on Makita! I used to love ya. I will say Hoo-freakin' ya! On your barrel grip jigsaw though!

• Like 1

I don't care what color it is, but I have a hard time getting excited about any tool that produces all of f$&king 8.3 ft. lbs. of torque.

Yep, 100 In. lbs. = 8.3 ft. lbs.

Makita is like Brett Favre in the twilight of his career. They still show up to the game and their name still attracts some attention, but their output is just a sad attempt to keep up with a pack that has clearly left them in the dust.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like the fact that Makita uses duel 18v batteries. Makes for sense than others that use a single 36v battery. If one of the 18v packs dies then you could replace it for about 1/2 the price of a 36v pack. Also makita has very nice 18v tools and has the largest collection of them.I really like my Makita Brushles 18v Impact driver.