Looking for a hand Tools.

William Miller

There are a wide range of tools I use in southern FL to prune my trees.

Full disclosure, long ago I sold my chain saw due to lack of usage. A chain saw (Properly used w/ proper safety equipment) is the best tool to remove larger trees and branches. In FL a tree service is required, because everything is sooo close (so NO "timber", cut the trunk and let it safely fall) and because all the BIG heavy stuff is WAAAY up in the air. The tree service will climb the tree and disassemble from the top, working down to the bottom, then grind the stump.

For large stuff, or for seed pods mixed in w/ palm fronds, I use my Super Sawzall w/ a 9" coarse blade. I've even used this to remove medium sized trees, about 4" diameter.

For medium palm fronds that must be neatly detached from the trunk I use my OMT w/ a coarse blade.

For branches and open / exposed palm fronds I use my lopping pruner.

For high palm fronds I use my pole pruner, either the coarse saw blade or the corded remote lopping pruner.

For small stuff I use my Fiskars PowerGear Pruner. Mine is like shown on the link, except my blade is Titanium coated.

51829678349_09a5a22240_c.jpg

• Like 1