Reviving "defective" 3ah octane batteries?

TooManyTools

Anyone have any luck with this?  I've got 4 dead ones now, ironically two originals and their two replacements, but I'm told I won't receive octane batteries this time as they're moving to these new "max output" or whatever. However, I LOVE those batteries as they seem to have more power (I read somewhere they use a larger cell, which makes sense).  I opened them up just to see if anything was obviously the problem, blown capacitors etc.  But I couldn't physically see anything that would indicate a bad component, and my PCB testing knowledge is basic at this point, but if anyone has managed to revive their dead batteries I'd certainly put in the time to learn. 

Thanks!

I wish I could help, but fortunately I haven't had this issue with any of my Octane batteries (two 3Ah and two 9Ah).  Maybe Ridgid identified a problem with the Octane design, or maybe they just did what seems to be the rage with a lot of tool brands: release a new product line for a couple of years and then replace it.

How old are the batteries? Rigid has the LSA if you registered and a battery warranty of 3 years. Hopefully they might be covered under that. I have heard of people manually charging batteries by using certain methods, but they do seem highly risky.

They were all covered under LSA, so I have the replacements, but because the replacements also died (were also covered so 2 more on the way) I know have 4 dead batteries sitting on my shelf that the tinkerer in me can’t let go. Even more so now that I know I can’t get them anymore. On two of them, one of the outer metal tabs broke off so I figured that was it, but I have another with the same issue and it’s working fine. I’m guessing it’s a control board issue. I’ve tried reflowing the solder points, still nothing. Next will be attempting to “jump start” them to get some voltage back, two of the four are almost completely flat. 
feel free to throw out any suggestions, I can’t make them any more broke!