New Releases from Ridgid

Conductor562

That's a nice addition for the people on Ridgid's battery platform. I had some interest back then on the X4 lineup the LSA on the batteries was pretty interesting and the tools were good value, but the lack of additional tools killed my interest quick. They also have an impact wrench that should be out soon so they are covering the bases pretty good. They also have a cordless 18v JobMax base too.

DR: Lack of options steered me away from Ridgid as well. It ultimately led me to Milwaukee.

Chase: Yes, I give away an X4 combo at a dinner our Union Local has every September. It's always the first prize picked though not always the most valuable.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

ridgid has a pretty good deal.... $99 for the 14gal 6php shop vac and it comes with a free auto detail kit....

bought that kit couple days ago

I've had that vacuum for a few months now. I'm very happy with it. I did replace the filter with the optional Hepa filter and I think I have noticed a difference in dust. That combined with the diffuser also reduced the noise.

speaking of shop vacs when I sanded the livingroom walls and ceiling I used my ridgid shop vac with the cyclone and for almost 2 hours no dust in the room... took it outside to check filter and BAM nice and clean....love that cyclone.....

I've had that vacuum for a few months now. I'm very happy with it. I did replace the filter with the optional Hepa filter and I think I have noticed a difference in dust. That combined with the diffuser also reduced the noise.

its definitely a great vac....its actually my second one....the first is still working but i needed a extra hose...so i bought the orange ridgid hose but with tax its at around 45 or so.

so ehm the shop vac deal comes with the auto detail kit so a extra hose is in there and it has the perfect size to run it with my handtools....so i returned the 45 dollar hose (i couldnt find all pieces which came with it)

then i spend 50 dollar more and got the whole kit - so a new shop vac with all the accessories and the auto detail kit.

kinda ridiculous how much they want for just a hose!!!

funny story now:

next day i went to HD again and i saw my returned ridgid hose on the clearance section for $15.

i didnt attempt to do that with them but yeah.....i bought haha.

still have to buy a diffuser for the second vac.

the first one is running with my mini CV06 (dust cyclone) and i also wanna try out the Hepa filter

• Like 1

Ridgid has a new fan coming out with their gen5x lineup.  runs battery or extension cord (no converter needed) and evidently they are available in some regions and not others at this time.  

I checked zip codes for central Texas (one of the hotter states) and it isn't available, but checked new jersey and washington state and sure enough they are on the shelves.   C'mon Ridgid, I need a fan in my garage like yesterday.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Hybrid-Fan-Tool-Only-R860720B/205907844

• 2 weeks later...

those look really solid. does anyone have experience using ridgid's warranty? do they really honor all that they say, and are they quick to return the product back to you?

The online registration is easy now.

I've used the warranty for a battery. I walked into the rental area with my dead battery and the kit I bought it with, they called to verify registration while I filled out paperwork. I left the battery and got one in the mail the following week.

I then called the warranty department to register my new battery.

• Like 1

The online registration is easy now.

I've used the warranty for a battery. I walked into the rental area with my dead battery and the kit I bought it with, they called to verify registration while I filled out paperwork. I left the battery and got one in the mail the following week.

I then called the warranty department to register my new battery.

Yes, I have been told be sure you register the new tool or battery after it is replaced to continue the LSA or warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

Ridgid has a new fan coming out with their gen5x lineup.  runs battery or extension cord (no converter needed) and evidently they are available in some regions and not others at this time.  

I checked zip codes for central Texas (one of the hotter states) and it isn't available, but checked new jersey and washington state and sure enough they are on the shelves.   C'mon Ridgid, I need a fan in my garage like yesterday.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Hybrid-Fan-Tool-Only-R860720B/205907844

Got my fan a couple days ago.  Its really quiet, but it doesn't blow me away.  I like the mounting options.  I like the dial.  I really like the dual power option.  

It feels like a quality product and does really good when I'm not moving around.  I used it when I was working in a bathroom and it circulated air and kept me cool.  I used it when I was working in my garage and was great when I was standing still, but it doesn't replace a larger shop/box fan with the Texas summer heat warming up the space.