Dewalt is starting to make tools in the USA.

NicholasShetley

Hopefully they will see an increase in loyalty and new buyers and this will prompt them to start turning over more tools and lines. I'm like Conductor and a big Milwaukee guy but I'm an American first so...as much as I can't stand yellow maybe it'll be worth going to them?

I am not sold yet.  I hope this is true and that is the way Dewalt is moving.  I do like Dewalt because it's an American company.  On the other hand I don't trust marketing.  "Built is the US, with Global Materials" seems like a fancy way of saying assembled in america with foreign parts.  I hope I am wrong and reading this wrong because I would love nothing more than more companies returning to this country to build, manufacture and assemble products right here.  Here is a link that says what is built here, over 600 items, which most are reciprocating saw blades - http://www.toolsofthebrave.com/about.  

By any means I am not belittling what Dewalt is doing, but I am just saying I want more.  Don't tell me you carpeted the metro dome when in reality you just layed down an area rug.

• Like 1

What i would like to see is a 20$ or so refond on battery packs so people would be more incline to recycle there old battery packs or a rebate when you buy a tool and bring old battery you get a rebate cose getting a new tool is often cheaper then getting tow new battery pack

I know that by saying what I am about to say will make me the least popular guy on the site but I feel it's worth saying. Basing any purchase solely on where it's made, built, or assembled is foolish. Things like quality, design, features, reliability, warranty, reputation and others should be on top of the list of buying decisions.

I am not sold yet.  I hope this is true and that is the way Dewalt is moving.  I do like Dewalt because it's an American company.  On the other hand I don't trust marketing.  "Built is the US, with Global Materials" seems like a fancy way of saying assembled in america with foreign parts.  I hope I am wrong and reading this wrong because I would love nothing more than more companies returning to this country to build, manufacture and assemble products right here.  Here is a link that says what is built here, over 600 items, which most are reciprocating saw blades - http://www.toolsofthebrave.com/about.  

By any means I am not belittling what Dewalt is doing, but I am just saying I want more.  Don't tell me you carpeted the metro dome when in reality you just layed down an area rug.

It's like anything else... Like milwaukee building tools here like their Sawzall's... I bet 90% of it is foreign made but put together here...Atleast they are putting it together here and not china

I'd like to agree with that sentiment and I believe quality should be the overriding platform for any purchase. I am not going to buy a junk tool made here when I can a better quality one made somewhere else. But...when I am looking at a product made in America, keeping Americans employed I am going to be hard pressed to look elsewhere. I am especially not going to purchase tools made by countries that are not exactly friendly with my home. I am a diehard Milwaukee guy and Eric J is right you have to look at the total product, where does it come from, who made it etc... I have a one hundred % made (quite old) Craftsman circular saw my Dad gave me. Now it certainly has personal value but I will keep that tool (which does not have the power of most saws now a day), running as long as I can until I need to purchase another one. When I make my new purchase it will ultimately come down to quality price AND WHERE IT COMES FROM!

This argument always comes down to keeping Americans employed. But it doesn't take long to realize that supporting any brand employs Americans. Let's use a Japanese brand for instance, when you buy makita at home depot some might think "I'm only supporting the Japanese economy" but in reality that Japanese brand is keeping people employed in the usa at that hd, earning revenue for the local economy, keeping jobs at the store, also keeps american truckers employed distributing the product. Then there are american distribution facilities throughout the country (more american jobs), makita american headquarters, container ports, railroads etc.

And keeping in mind an American made product, using American parts being sold here on US soil keeps even more Americans employed not to mention the manufacturing of materials in construction of said item keeps even more Americans employed. Keeping in mind of course most products we use and own are imported from other areas it still is, at least to me, very important to see more manufacturing occurring here in the US especially since so little is made here in the realm of power tools.

• Like 1

Dewalts products will only be assembled in the u.s.a. using globally sourced materials. Can't legally use the "made in USA" slogan.

Either way it's still a fact that any brand you purchase on u.s. soil supports the u.s. economy. Not just on taxes on revenue but it generates and maintains tons of jobs for Americans.