M18 30 Degree Framing Nailer Jams When Strip Is Down to 10 Nails

Ditch Digger

I recently bought this tool and it works great until I’m down to about 10 nails left in the nail strip; then, it jams.  When I load a new strip, it drives fine.  I’m new to framing nailers.  Is this common and just the way nailers work or should it use the whole strip?  If it’s supposed to use the whole strip, does anyone have a suggestion on what’s wrong, please?  I’m using Paslode nails.  Thanks.

20 hours ago, Ditch Digger said:

I recently bought this tool and it works great until I’m down to about 10 nails left in the nail strip; then, it jams.  When I load a new strip, it drives fine.  I’m new to framing nailers.  Is this common and just the way nailers work or should it use the whole strip?  If it’s supposed to use the whole strip, does anyone have a suggestion on what’s wrong, please?  I’m using Paslode nails.  Thanks.

It should use the entire strip, though I've had some nailers or staplers that get finicky when they're down to the last one or two fasteners.  It sounds to me like the follower spring is weak and isn't pushing the nails fast enough when enough tension is removed.  I liken a nail gun to, well, a gun.  When there's a faulty magazine, a failure to feed can result, which can often lead to all sorts of shenanigans such as jammed nails.