1984 packard precision 10” table saw

Joshua90

That is a beautiful saw.

It is complete, w/ the sliding miter, rip fence and blade guard, plus all the manuals. Frequently used saws are missing those parts, especially the blade guard and manuals.

Someone would be VERY happy to get that for $100.

My guess would be to ask $500 and sell for $450. (I could be totally wrong on these prices, just seat of pants guess)

My suggestions would be to assemble the pipes for the rip fence and the blade guard so it looks complete.

9 hours ago, wingless said:

That is a beautiful saw.

It is complete, w/ the sliding miter, rip fence and blade guard, plus all the manuals. Frequently used saws are missing those parts, especially the blade guard and manuals.

Someone would be VERY happy to get that for $100.

My guess would be to ask $500 and sell for $450. (I could be totally wrong on these prices, just seat of pants guess)

My suggestions would be to assemble the pipes for the rip fence and the blade guard so it looks complete.

I agree, $100 may be undervaluing it, but probably not by much.  I don't sell a lot of things, but I have found that asking a slightly higher but still reasonable price "OBO" works better than setting a lower price.  Either way, a potential buyer is probably going to try to talk you down a bit.  

I found a few mentions of Packard Precision drill presses on other forums.  It seems the tools were imported from Taiwan in the '70s and '80s.  I didn't find reference to the table saw, but the drill presses seemed to have gone for @$150 or so at the time various commenters posted.  

One thing that pops up in most of those threads is the common use of American or Western-sounding brand names for mostly generic Asian imports.  Harbor Freight is an excellent example of this: you can get Chicago Electric and Pittsburg Pro tools in the same store!  It seems that Packard Precision is one such brand, and shows that this isn't a recent phenomenon.  

Even so, you have a fairly vintage table saw in new condition, and it's a brand that even the naysayers seem to consider better quality than modern imports.  To put it in perspective, Harbor Freight currently shows two 10" table saws, at $150 and $350.  Big box stores sell 8-1/4" portable saws for $130.  I'd at least double your asking price, but honestly wingless might have the best advice.  Ask $500; that's almost $200 less than the Delta Lowe's sells.  If someone offers $350, consider giving them a deal.  If there's no interest at that price point, gradually relist it at lower prices.