New Milwaukee release

firefighter4187

I think its a perfect size. Looks like a tiny guitar amp. Bluetooth is awesom. Clean looking. I want it! Wonder how much it will be?

Educated guess between $149.00 to $179.00. Their regular radio sells for $119, so i say it is safe to add 50 bucks at least to the overall price tag for the inclusion of the charger.

The Bosch power box is the best radio in the large radio segment. It's feature rich with I believe 4 speakers and a subwoofer and battery charger. Now that I look at the pictures of this one it looks more similar in size to the new compact dewalt radio. This radio is innovative because it's the only compact radio that can charge batteries and has Bluetooth something that other tool brands haven't incorporated into their radios.

You can't really compare the power box to this m18 as it wouldn't be apples to apples.

Everyone brags and throws out the word Innovative... All they did with this is add bluetooth. Sure it's new in a jobsite radio but it's not like Milwaukee is the first company adding bluetooth to a radio. I think the word is overused a tad bit too much...

The Powerbox is innovative because it has just about everything in it besides bluetooth, and if bosch were to add it... Well it be the best thing since sliced bread probably

and the pre-order on now the radio is $229!!!!!! That's just a bit overpriced considering the powerbox is quite a bit cheaper... 

There's nothing wrong with bragging about your favorite tool and if Milwaukee keeps innovating, well there's not much anything we can do. They're just an unstoppable force with new ideas. Some of them are just obvious like incorporating Bluetooth into a job site radio. Or the first to add a battery charger in a compact radio. But instead of waiting until some other brand comes out with one, they paved the way. I used to be a "dewalt" guy too, and I still have deep respect for them but when it came to cordless tools, I just got fed up with some other red brand always coming up with new tools with new features.

$229, dang dude that's expensive, I will have to pass at price. I think $150 is reasonable.

Who has the pre order at $229 that might be msrp but I doubt that's what everyone is going to sell it for. Home Depot wouldn't be cool with an over 200 dollar price point on a jobsite radio not when you can snag it for $119 most of the time or cheaper. I would wait and see.

There's nothing wrong with bragging about your favorite tool and if Milwaukee keeps innovating, well there's not much anything we can do. They're just an unstoppable force with new ideas. Some of them are just obvious like incorporating Bluetooth into a job site radio. Or the first to add a battery charger in a compact radio. But instead of waiting until some other brand comes out with one, they paved the way. I used to be a "dewalt" guy too, and I still have deep respect for them but when it came to cordless tools, I just got fed up with some other red brand always coming up with new tools with new features.

$229, dang dude that's expensive, I will have to pass at price. I think $150 is reasonable.

I don't think Milwaukee is the first to add a charger in a compact radio... To me bluetooth is not that big of deal because depending on what your doing and the line of sight it might that have that great of range... 100ft is stretching it and that would need to be straight line of sight if it even worked that far...Plus streaming bluetooth would end up killing your phone pretty quick. I'd use a basic ipod or another mp3 player plug it in, close the lid and go... I think most people just use the radio anyway, all most I've seen ever do because it's just to keep something in the backround to help pass the day

Who has the pre order at $229 that might be msrp but I doubt that's what everyone is going to sell it for. Home Depot wouldn't be cool with an over 200 dollar price point on a jobsite radio not when you can snag it for $119 most of the time or cheaper. I would wait and see.

Coptool says right in their article it's set at 229 and there is a pre-order now

I don't think Milwaukee is the first to add a charger in a compact radio... To me bluetooth is not that big of deal because depending on what your doing and the line of sight it might that have that great of range... 100ft is stretching it and that would need to be straight line of sight if it even worked that far...Plus streaming bluetooth would end up killing your phone pretty quick. I'd use a basic ipod or another mp3 player plug it in, close the lid and go... I think most people just use the radio anyway, all most I've seen ever do because it's just to keep something in the backround to help pass the day

name a compact job site radio that charges, also if you don't like Bluetooth that's cool bro, don't buy it.

I use Bluetooth for audio for music all the time so for me it would work great. I hate cables. I was even looking for a Bluetooth receiver dongle to put in my m12 radio before this radio came along so guess how excited I was when I read about this radio. Too bad the price is insane. I hope it's a typo.

• Like 1

from an earlier thread on this topic, folks said that dewalt has the patent on the technology for charging batteries and radio reception. Which says to me that most likely Milwaukee is paying them for the patent, hence the steeper price. The Bosch radio was always a lot more than the other ones. And I assumed that it had to do with the patent