Brushless corded jigsaw recommendation?

DonnyBahama

I’m shopping for a jigsaw for permanent installation in a jigsaw table. It’s almost impossible to find them on Google because even if you put corded and brushless in quotes and specify -cordless, you get tons of listings for cordless jigsaws and most of the actual corded jigsaw results don’t actually say whether they’re brushless or not. So I’m turning to you fine people…  : )

Thanks, Will. I know Makita makes one. Or used to, anyway. Very pricey, though. I wanted to go brushless simply because it will be mounted under a table and I don’t want to have to pull it out to change the brushes. If it’s going to cost a lot more, though, I’ll just pull it out (once every few years!) and change the brushes.

I forgot about MetaboHPT's MultiVolt system.  They have a brushless jigsaw that can be used with the AC adapter.. Cost will be a bit high, though, at $229 for the saw and $169 for the adapter.

I have a MultiVolt drill and circular saw as well as the adapter and can vouch that they are good tools with a good system.  Essentially, you can use 18v or 36v batteries on 18v tools, and 36v batteries or the adapter on 36v tools, making the system similar to the 20v Max/FlexVolt systems.  The difference is that the adapter is designed for all 36v MultiVolt tools while DeWalt's is only compatible with 120v Max tools (the sliding compound miter saw being the sole offering for now).

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, fm2176 said:

I forgot about MetaboHPT's MultiVolt system.  They have a brushless jigsaw that can be used with the AC adapter.. Cost will be a bit high, though, at $229 for the saw and $169 for the adapter.

I like Metabo tools. (Or I should say that I’ve liked all the Hitachi tools I’ve ever owned — I assume the quality/performance is the same.) At that price, though, I’ll just change brushes as necessary. Thanks, Will!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:21 PM, Jronman said:

The corded Festool Carvex line is brushless. You will pay about the same price as it as you would the Metabo HPT.

I noticed Festool cordless jigsaws are not so expensive compared to DeWALT ones.