Dewalt DCD996 hammer drill issue

Anthony75

Hello , I purchased the DCD 996 kit from Amazon in late Nov.  Unfortunately as my significant other has cancer I didn’t actually have to use it until recently. After I charged up the XR batteries ( included) I put the drill on a shelf with the spotlight on and noticed it flickers every time I touch it or move the drill . Has anyone else had similar problems? It’s past the return window and Dewalt wants me to send to service center . They did provide a mailing label. thank you 

Just an update . I happen to call Amazon for a question and while talking I asked about my problem with thus hammer drill. The rep said I still was in the return window. I packed up and sent it back and today the new one arrived and no issues .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony75 said:

Just an update . I happen to call Amazon for a question and while talking I asked about my problem with thus hammer drill. The rep said I still was in the return window. I packed up and sent it back and today the new one arrived and no issues .

Good to hear!

8 hours ago, Anthony75 said:

Yes . What a difference on the batteries , nice and secure , no flickering light .

That's great!  I have a DCL040 that I think I missed the warranty period on.  It was cutting of intermittently as I rotated the head of the light but now doesn't work at all.