Does (Did) Bosch make a cordless biscuit joiner?!!!

Altan

1 hour ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Looks like two different pictures of a custom built Angle Grinder converted into a Biscuit Joiner.

I’ll bet the flood gates open up once the Festool Domino patent expires in a few years.

Yes, you are right, they are two different tools, I noticed it also. The first one has 3 speed option on it.

Festool is not the only brand making these kind of tools, Mafell and Lamello are making similar tools, Lamello a pro brand from Switzerland recently joined CAS (Cordless Alliance System) by Metabo and this year they will come up with a pro Biscuit Joiner which I believe will be much better than the Makita, Trend or DeWALT ones. DeWALT one will be released next month it seems. Lamello was the first brand introducing Biscuit Joiner and I think their tools are still made in Switzerland and the prices are very high compared to others. 

10 minutes ago, Altan said:

Yes, you are right, they are two different tools, I noticed it also. The first one has 3 speed option on it.

Festool is not the only brand making these kind of tools, Mafell and Lamello are making similar tools, Lamello a pro brand from Switzerland recently joined CAS (Cordless Alliance System) by Metabo and this year they will come up with a pro Biscuit Joiner which I believe will be much better than the Makita, Trend or DeWALT ones. DeWALT one will be released next month it seems. Lamello was the first brand introducing Biscuit Joiner and I think their tools are still made in Switzerland and the prices are very high compared to others. 

But Festool is the only brand making the Domino Tenon machine……….at least until 2024.

25 minutes ago, fyrfytr998 said:

But Festool is the only brand making the Domino Tenon machine……….at least until 2024.

I know, Mafell does something similar called Doweller. But they have not made a cordless version of it also. Prices for all these machines are similar. Festool is slow in making cordless tools. and they are not in any alliance in battery compatibility with other brands. Festool has got the technology transfer from Fein for developing a cordless multi tool and grinder and I was thinking they might join the battery alliance with Bosch as Fein did, but it does not look like they will join any alliance. But Mafell and Lamello are both in battery alliance with Metabo and a lot of other brands like Rothenberger, Monti, Steinel and etc. Another problem with Festool is they have a different type of battery for their cordless sanders which is annoying. I don't like that they make you buy their different type of batteries. And they have not made a cordless Router and Planer by now. 

Mafell Doweler.jpg