Wurth Circular Saw Blade Storage

Altan

Yes, the Blade Buddy is available in US Amazon.

IMO, that is a great option if only three blades are required for storage. Edit, each drawer holds one 1/8" 10" blade, 8" blade and 7¼" blade, for a total of nine appropriately sized blades.

But a solution like this custom table saw base, w/ a blade drawer appears more appropriate for people like me w/ many blades.

lwq7p8b.jpg

9 hours ago, wingless said:

Yes, the Blade Buddy is available in US Amazon.

IMO, that is a great option if only three blades are required for storage. Edit, each drawer holds one 1/8" 10" blade, 8" blade and 7¼" blade, for a total of nine appropriately sized blades.

But a solution like this custom table saw base, w/ a blade drawer appears more appropriate for people like me w/ many blades.

lwq7p8b.jpg

For workshop yes, but when you are on site and if you have to have spare blades in a tool box you would need a small storage solution. 

4 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

I like the set up in the drawer but don't have a drawer big enough.  I could make one for the wall or something but don't use them enough to justify taking the space up.  Blade buddy is nice but expensive.  Maybe I am just too cheap.

I don't know how much is the price for Blade Buddy, I have cut my hands with bare blades a few times when I am in rush that is why I feel all tool accessories should be stored properly. There is a company called RosePlastic, they make most of the plastic tubes and containers for tool accessories for most brands, I will have to speak with them I think.

19 minutes ago, Eric - TIA said:

If I had a 3d printer, that would be awesome and would like to have something like this.  Now I am out to see if I can find someone with a 3d printer.  To me, those are perfect.  Simple.

3D printers are becoming more common by time, I have seen one that you can use your own waste plastic to 3D print whatever you want with. I think it is a good thing to have one at home, you can make specific design of anything you want, also if anything plastic from any tool or an appliance breaks you can make a spare yourself. 

Diablo sells their circular saw blades in plastic holders.  These aren't the most sturdy, nor are they enclosed, but they provide protection from the blade itself.  I usually buy them when Home Depot clearances out the 2 blade value packs.  You would think there'd be a readily available storage/transport solution, though.  I got a bunch of DeWalt blades on clearance a while back that came in a cardboard display box, and my Bosch and other blades tend to be sold bare or with (at most) a plastic edge guard.

1213439773_SawBlade.thumb.jpg.6089395f2e2fa90f8bb346921621e2e3.jpg