My recent project

NicholasShetley

I wouldn't get your hopes up on the end of January thing because it takes a good while to do all of it. If it is a rust free truck it could be done but I would say by the end of February since it is just you and since you have school and such. The paint brand I would go with would be DuPont. Yes it is expensive but it will be worth it in the end. It will last 20+ years if you take care of it. I would definitely price the paint before you get started. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just saying it is more time consuming than most people think.

The local shop who does great work quoted me at 850 and thats for everything from prep to primer to paint. I am going to do all the wet sanding, and all trim removal, and send it to them for paint. as for the truck it is rust free, a few dents i have to pull and bondo but no big deal.

It was 1800 for just the paint for my grandpas corvette back in 2000

1800!!! No in central florida here that is the most expensive place, they have some nice cars roll out of there, and that was an over the phone quote but some where below a 1000.

He got the absolute best of the best paint DuPont had. The dents aren't too bad to deal with, just hammer it somewhat smooth and put bondo on it then sand it smooth. I have always sanded in an x pattern, it keeps the surface from getting wavy.

He got the absolute best of the best paint DuPont had. The dents aren't too bad to deal with, just hammer it somewhat smooth and put bondo on it then sand it smooth. I have always sanded in an x pattern, it keeps the surface from getting wavy.

ok, they arnt to bad one small one on the front fender and on the back right is not to bad, looks like someone sideswiped a pole.

Nicholas there are a lot of things that go into a paint job when you do a high range car like a Vette. When you paint a high end car you do extras like removing moulding and lights, more expensive paint, more coats of primer and clear. A basic paint job you just tape off everything. Plus like my autobody teacher taught us if you own a high end car you are likely to pay a premium rate because there are higher expectations, even if everything is equal.

Here is what the cab looks like with the insulation installed. We didn't have it glued in at this point. I didn't take any pictures of the firewall today because it was still taped up and the cab was covered up. I'm sure that painting cars is way different than bricks.