For you tape measure junkies...

Moze

Heck, I have six spare pocket tapes (two 12' and four 25') tapes in my work duffle bag! LOL

My needs for a pocket tape are a little different... I need one that's marked with an engineers scale (ie feet/tenths/hundredths) rather than fractions. A little harder to find outside of survey supply stores. HD used to carry my favorite (senior moment, I can't remember the brand) but dropped it a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

I usually only have 2 of which 1 is a spare in case the first is busted.

Been very happy with using the 8m Fatmax Xtreme. The only problem I have with tape measures is working in wet conditions. The retracting mechanism seems to fail everytime the tape gets too wet. Letting it dry helps a few times but eventually you have to shove the tape back in and it won't retract fully. At this point I throw them away.

They really should make a tape measure that solves this problem. A bit of rain doesn't hold me back from work, but the tools... 

Heck, I have six spare pocket tapes (two 12' and four 25') tapes in my work duffle bag! LOL

My needs for a pocket tape are a little different... I need one that's marked with an engineers scale (ie feet/tenths/hundredths) rather than fractions. A little harder to find outside of survey supply stores. HD used to carry my favorite (senior moment, I can't remember the brand) but dropped it a couple of years ago.

It's Lufkin. And they do stand up to a little rain.

• 2 months later...

If you guys havent already, check out fastcaps tape measures. I got myself one and my dad one and they are very cool and add a lot of feature and are cheaper than most that have been listed here. Ill always have fast caps no matter what. Theres so many options that you can have, you can order everything you wold need in a tape. Granted they are geared towards woodworking but i use mine for everything. Ill probably pick up a few more just for the options. Menards has them in stock too if you have one of those near you

fastcap.com

I've got two fastcaps, one imperial and one flat metric that does a great job at layout. I really like my Milwaukee but despise the fact that it was made in China. I also have my American made fat Max that I absolutely love. Wish it had a magnet like my Milwaukee.

Fastcaps are really small and have a pretty cool belt clip feature. Not much for standout. Really nice tapes for fine work though. Also have a pencil sharpener built in and a erase able surface for jotting down measurements too