Ridgid R4512 Hybrid Table Saw

EEtwidget

So I am shopping around for a table saw and inevitable my research has lead me towards the Ridgid R4512 Hybrid Table Saw. It looks to be a great table saw, for the price, and if I receive enough Home Depot gift cards this Christmas, I'll run down and buy one. Does anyone have experience with the Ridgid?

My sister already gave me about $350 in HD gift cards so I'm almost there. I don't really need a portable saw, however I have a cheap Ryobi 10" table saw if needed.

I have that saw in my garage. I had more use on it though for the few things I used it for it seemed to be a great table saw. My only complaint is its a pain to assemble its a day or so project right there which is some what of a pain. The only thing is I wonder if I should have went with a Track Saw they seem to be getting popular, and they store really nice and don't have the safety problems table saws have. I will admit using a table saw freaks me out a little. The Rigid is a nice Table Saw for the money though plus you get the LSA warranty.

DR99, I have the Ryobi contractors table saw and hate it. I have decided to go with the track saw and found the Sheppach (?) track saw for around $270 with everything you need. German company with a good reputation and the reviews on the saw are pretty good. Anyways, my workshop is really small and I think that the track saw, for me, is the way to go.

A track saw is great for cutting down plywood but I don't think it can match a table saws versatility. I can understand a table saw being intimidating, the truth is... A little fear is healthy. You don't want to overestimate your ability, you'll lose a finger... Or worse.

I'm lucky enough to have grown up in a wood shop. I learned on my grandfathers old cabinet saw.

Have you modified your Ridgid TS any? Maybe added a router wing?

• Like 1

YeH, getting a track saw now is a compromise until I build my garage. Then...I'm thinking a 220 saw with the router wing. My workshop is just too small for a full size saw. I will keep my Ryobi until I can get a decent saw but for sheet goods the track will just have to suffice. I am trying to save for a Festool. It will be my first. Scha-wiiiiiiinnnnngg!

The R4512 has been out for a few years now. The only real negative I have ever heard about the saw is an alignment problem with the blade. Something about the blade getting jacked when lowering it. It's a pain but Ridgid will fix the saw, also I think the problem has been resolved but I'm just guessing.

I'm going to pick one up after Christmas. I'm sitting on $350 in homedepot gift cards and expecting more for Christmas! Hopefully enough for a compressor too. I'm more an electronics/electrical guy so the saw will be more then enough for what I need.

I'm starting over with my tool collection, we had to sell a cabanet shop full of woodworking tools, pluse my roiling tool chest a few years ago. It was a sad time, my grandfather lost his wife and his tool collection. A finished carpenter of 60+ years and he was forced to sell his shop for pennies. I think grandpa would like the Ridgid though.

This is a nice saw. Last year I went to the Wood working show here in town and one of the speakers where talking on small shops. The speaker had been writing for fine woodworking for years and he could not say enough about this saw. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

Well I have about $800 in Home Depot gift cards burning a hole in my pocket! I'm looking for some coupons to stretch it. After work I think I will head over to HD and pick up the saw

Arn't the hours leading up to a big tool purchase exciting?

Well, I assembled the saw today. It only took about 2 1/2 hours but I still need to true it up. But surprisingly the factory china alignment is pretty good. I didn't notice any problems, yet..., but I have only made a few cuts. I'll need to invest in a better blade and dust collection, but for now I have a broom and sandpaper.

I'll take some pics and write a little review, but first I need to clean my garage. Sadly school has taken most of my time and rubbish has taken over my work space. Stay tuned.

I'll need to invest in a better blade and dust collection, but for now I have a broom and sandpaper.

That's classic right there :lol: Love it!

Dewalt OEM blades are made by Avanti . I'd get myself a Diablo. I bought a Diablo for my Dewalt and it's night and day compared to the OEM blade .

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Look what I just picked up, 250lbs of badass saw!

I found a Harbor Freight 25% off coupon and I even brought my wife along. I figured she would add credibility. They didn't give me the full 25% but I was able to get 15% off. Saved almost $100

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Any feedback on your purchase. I was looking at this saw but a little worried about the blade alignment issue. Looks like a pretty nice saw, I like that it has a mobile base and can be wired 110 or 220.