I Think This Is A Little Bit Wrong. Having Tools You Can't Buy as Tools of The Year

DR99

http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/feature-story/2013-toolboxbuzz-tool-awards/

Just Saw this on Tool Box Buzz and think this is crossing an ethical barrier. Listing tools as tool of the year on tools that haven't been on sale in the USA yet like the Dewalt Framing Nailer I know its been on sale in other countries they are an American website for the most part. The other problem is Dewalt wall scanner that shipped as an unusable product it  currently has a one and a half star rating on Amazon, and is currently under a stop sale order by Dewalt till they can figure out what is wrong with it. I know I'm going to get in trouble with the Dewalt guy's on this, but I would call bs if Milwaukee had tools listed like with the same issues too. I know tool review sites have to play a game so they can keep getting samples and going to events, but like I said before this is crossing into the realm of looking like payola.

• Like 1

I agree too, possibly the reasoning behind the nailer is because they have Had it most of the year. It must be nice.

Also they gave the radar scanner a positive review which makes me question tool boxbuzzes integrity or the reliability of the amazon reviews.

It does irritate me though that an American company would introduce popular products in other markets and leave it's own people waiting.

It's been pretty universal that the Dewalt wall scanner had some major issues upon release. I have not seen many good user reviews its listed at Home Depot as discontinued and only has a one star review on their webpage. I think the review sites either had good pre-production units or they were only used at an event under perfect conditions. The scanner has been also scrubbed from Dewalt's webpage too I think they are either going to chalk it up as a failure or relaunch it at a later time.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-12-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Hand-Held-Radar-Scanner-Kit-DISCONTINUED-DCT418S1/204073050?keyword=dewalt+wall+scanner#

I think that they are just checking to see if there is a demand in a smaller market size. Just my .02

I totally agree with that. I remember reading that somewhere I think toolguyd. Although it makes sense, I still think the reasoning behind it is dumb (talking about dewalts strategy) it doesn't take a genius to realize that a battery only powered roofing nailer would be a hit among its users here in the states. Especially for a brand as popular as dewalt.

If anything they would have greater success if it was released here

Got it from tools plus if anyone is looking but they might be sold out now due to demand not sure. I can confirm its awesome doesnt replace a pneumatic for a framer but if your another trade like me being a electrician and am just nailing up light supports and dead wood to get boxes out of door frames and windows it is a life saver. Sinks 3.5" nails no problem.

It's been pretty universal that the Dewalt wall scanner had some major issues upon release. I have not seen many good user reviews its listed at Home Depot as discontinued and only has a one star review on their webpage. I think the review sites either had good pre-production units or they were only used at an event under perfect conditions. The scanner has been also scrubbed from Dewalt's webpage too I think they are either going to chalk it up as a failure or relaunch it at a later time.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-12-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Hand-Held-Radar-Scanner-Kit-DISCONTINUED-DCT418S1/204073050?keyword=dewalt+wall+scanner#

that's pretty bad, I would still consider one if they can fix the issues

ToolBoxbuzz, is a media machine.  They give awards to whoever advertises with them or pays them.  I agree with you DR99 the Scanner review was very misleading, he seems to be the  only one on the planet that had a good experience with that unit.  Even in his video you can see the unit was acting up showing power in a stud.  Then they give it an award? lol even DeWALT pulled it  It's really a shame people misleading the consumer for profit.  But hey thats America, even the president lies.   Thats why I love TIA  no bullshit!

• Like 1

Yea, Dan when I saw that showing up on my Facebook feed it really pissed me off I mean really awarding tool of the year too a tool that Dewalt has pulled from the market. That's just crazy. The cordless nailer annoyed me because I know the one guy here managed to get the tool but it's weird there is no marketing that it is for sale now, and no Dewalt press release or other tool review sites getting Demo units to review. The Nailer was a minor annoyance the scanner though was pretty blatant. Hey I got Dan to check out the forums that's pretty cool :)

ToolBoxbuzz, is a media machine.  They give awards to whoever advertises with them or pays them.  I agree with you DR99 the Scanner review was very misleading, he seems to be the  only one on the planet that had a good experience with that unit.  Even in his video you can see the unit was acting up showing power in a stud.  Then they give it an award? lol even DeWALT pulled it  It's really a shame people misleading the consumer for profit.  But hey thats America, even the president lies.   Thats why I love TIA  no bullshit!

Dewalt stopped making the videos with the German guy and the test on the drills. They were so rigged it was hillarious. "Az you kan zee dat za Milwaukkeee ist not az gut az the Devalt"

• Like 1

What a joke. I quit reading TBB a long time ago because it was obvious he was in it for advertising dollars. No matter where I go on the internet I'm quick to tell anyone that TIA is my home and I typically carry a link to here in my sig line. Dan, Eric, and everyone else involved here make this a great place to be.

• Like 1

Lol, it sounds like some one from this forum contacted them. Dude you guys should check out the reviews on the dewalt page about the scanner. Those guys are total morons. All but one are complaining about 18v when the scanner isn't even an 18v tool. It's a 12v. One guy was pissed because his 18v batteries didn't fit.