M18 Battery Charging Issues

DamianD

So i just noticed when i charge my batteries that the charger goes green indicating the battery is fully charged.  When i remove the pack and press the charge indicator button, its only showing 2 bars.  This is happening with both of my battery packs. Anybody else experience this issue?  These batteries and drills are only about a month old, if even that.

I makes me sad to see a person having issues with Milwaukee my favorite tool brand. Like the others have mentioned I would have the store you bought it from swap out your kit as it's most likely the charger. Has the charger thrown any error codes? The status light blinks codes showing any issues with the battery. One other thing is it's a little tricky putting the battery on the charger you might not have all the pins connected to the charger. Have you been able to fully charge the batteries before or is this issue right out of the box?

Thanks guys, Im going to take it back to the store after Christmas.  Hopefully it is only the charger. 

I makes me sad to see a person having issues with Milwaukee my favorite tool brand. Like the others have mentioned I would have the store you bought it from swap out your kit as it's most likely the charger. Has the charger thrown any error codes? The status light blinks codes showing any issues with the battery. One other thing is it's a little tricky putting the battery on the charger you might not have all the pins connected to the charger. Have you been able to fully charge the batteries before or is this issue right out of the box?

It makes me sad too.  Nope, no error codes are being shown.  I thought the first time i had the pins misaligned or something so i retried with the same result. The first time i charged the batteries I didn't even bother to check the battery fuel gauge when i took them off the charger. I saw green on the charger and just went straight to work. This is only their second charge since I bought the kit. 

I currently have the dual voltage Milwaukee charger and both of dewalts 20v chargers and don't notice a difference with installing and removing batteries, only thing I've noticed is the is the Milwaukee 18v batteries require just a smidge more effort to click into place in the power tool handle

• 7 years later...

Bought a Brand new Milwaukee m18 battery and charger fresh out the box it was blinking red and green like a bad battery I went and returned the battery got a new one and the same thing happened so I went a bought a new charger this time from a different store and still the same red green flash like a bad battery the only thing that’s the same is the store the two battery’s came from anyone else have problems with new Milwaukee batteries possibly sitting on the shelf too long? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought a new Milwaukee 18V  angle grinder with charger and battery. Charger gave flashing lights for faulty battery when I tried to charge it. Tried a few times with same result. Put battery into one of my old Milwaukee chargers and it charged. Also worked in  the new charger after I had used grinder and flattened battery.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a 2 drill M-18 kit from Home Depot and both batteries flashed green/red and would not charge. Exchanged for another kit and the first battery had same issue, but the second would take a charge. Separately, bought 2 more new batteries and both of those would not charge. I guess I’m happy that Home Depot will let me make a 5th visit to their store and exchange the 3 bad batteries and get more new batteries. But I’m really getting nervous with my decision to scrap my Dewalt tools for Milwaukee. 

Edit…I read above about properly seating the battery onto the charger and thought…not me, I did it right, because one of the batteries charged. Welllllll…yea you really have to push some batteries onto the charger and feel the ‘click’. So to clarify…all my batteries accepted charge. I’m sorry for questioning Milwaukee’s great reputation.