EGO Z6 Zero Turn Seat Recline Hack?

My new EGO Z6 is fairly comfortable but the seat is dead flat. I'd like to try to set it up to have a little bit of a recline angle like I'm used to in my SUV - not to that extent but atleast not dead flat so I feel like I could slide forward off the seat.

I've taken the seat off the base and I can see how I may be able to do it but I'm not sure how the seat slide would be affected with the offset angle.

Best case would be to tilt the suspension base a tiny bit to give the seat a better angle of recline.

I'm checking the teardown videos now but curious if anyone has tried anything.

I just noticed than there are 4 bolts holding the seat cushion to the metal seat shell. After removing those screws I could see how its possible to shim the seat to create a better recline angle without affecting the seat rails at all.

As a first attempt, I decided to try some thick rubber washers I found at Lowes for less than $2. Adding them to the front left and right bolts holding the cushion to the shell yields about 3 degrees of incline without much effort at all. Pics follow:

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg