Home Depot Has a New Battery Powered OutDoor Tool Line 56 Volts!

DR99

http://www.homedepot.com/b/EGO/N-5yc1vZd9q

Just saw this while looking up in formation on snow blowers for a friend. Looks interesting im sure 56v is the peak voltage not working voltage as that's how they are marketing things lately. I wonder who is the OEM for these tools. They look familiar can't make it out who it is though. I really think gas powered lawncare equipment is on the way out for most home owners with average size lots. People with some larger lots or acreage like Dan will need gas powered tools even with the hassle they inherently have with bad gas and the shitty ethanol messing things up. Hope the TIA guys get some review samples, and hopefully not at the end of the growing season how some companies sent out samples.

I think it's supposed to be like E GO, just a guess from their logo. The about us section on their web site is pretty vague. No real user reviews yet.Home Depot exclusive it seems.

http://egopowerplus.com/

The facebook page has been open since March but no post until December 12.

The tools look nice and the prices aren't crazy. 5 year warranty is cool. I guess we'll see later in the year when more people are buying/using them.

I hate the direction Lowe's and HD are going. Slowly phasing out the name brands. Lowe's has really been moving on this. They've phased damn near every mechanic tool they carried out in favor of Kobalt, they're testing the waters in the power tool market, and pretty soon SouthWire will be the only Electrical/Datacom tool they carry if it isn't already.

Pisses me off.

I hate the direction Lowe's and HD are going. Slowly phasing out the name brands. Lowe's has really been moving on this. They've phased damn near every mechanic tool they carried out in favor of Kobalt, they're testing the waters in the power tool market, and pretty soon SouthWire will be the only Electrical/Datacom tool they carry if it isn't already.

Pisses me off.

At my store, southwire is it, the little bit of greenlee left is on clearence, luckily they still have channel lock.........for now.

I don't know what they carried before its been Kobalt or Husky for so long now.

Prior to Kobalt, Lowe's didn't really carry a lot of mechanics tools and what they did was usually Stanley. What I was referring to was their tendency to put out a Kobalt branded version of everything and phase the name brand version out.

Lowes has really phased any name brand tool out all you see in the stores is Kobalt blue every where lately. Lowes needs to get some new guys in purchasing they really failed this time with the cheap Christmas tools for the most part.

Lowe's seems to really push to achieve brand loyalty, but it's hard to feel a deep sense of loyalty and stand behind a line of tools that consist primarily of imported, Asian, crap. If they had stayed with the original Kobalt line I'd have probably bought nothing but Kobalt. The current line is Taiwan and China crap at prices at or near a lot of better quality American made stuff. No thanks