2014 Tool Puchases

firefighter4187

@conductor... I keep breakin my 13mm deep snap on chromy... I put it on my m18 fuel 1/4 hex driver talking off splashshields on trucks here at work.. I also brak my 10mm :( snappy replaces fast... I just recently bought an impact set from snap on to take the m18 beating...

That will solve the breaking issue.

What hand tools?

Gearwrench Pass-through socket set and Gearwrench bit set. I'll use the hell out of them but it was kind of a whim buy more than a need. I have plenty of sockets and wrenches and bits and such, but the pass-through stuff has been on my mind for a while and the bit set looked pretty cool so I said what the heck. It'll look good next to my other Gearwrench stuff...

Yes, I'm a little kid inside, and tools are my toys.

Gearwrench Pass-through socket set and Gearwrench bit set. I'll use the hell out of them but it was kind of a whim buy more than a need. I have plenty of sockets and wrenches and bits and such, but the pass-through stuff has been on my mind for a while and the bit set looked pretty cool so I said what the heck. It'll look good next to my other Gearwrench stuff...

Yes, I'm a little kid inside, and tools are my toys.

If I were in the market for a pass thru set that's the one I'd buy. I've looked at it several times, but never pulled the trigger.

I'm a blubbering idiot when it comes to Gearwrench, don't as me why. I have a butt-load of Ryobi tools, which makes me look like a rabid Ryobi fan, but Gearwrench...all you have to do is say "Gearwrench" and I drool all over myself. I just like their stuff, I stare at their catalog almost daily.

I've got three sets of the original "5°" wrenches, two standard and one metric. Those are good enough, I haven't run into anything yet that I'd need tighter degrees in the ratchet to justify the 120XP's. I'll bet they're pretty frickin' nice though. The difference between 5° and 3° probably wouldn't make much difference in what I do, but I'd assume they serve a purpose or Gearwrench wouldn't make them.

When I first started using Gearwrench I noticed right away the difference between those and typical speed wrenches. The swing on the Gearwrenches was way better in tight spots, some spots where a typical speed wrench couldn't even move. And they were thinner too, so I could fit them into close quarters easier than even regular box or combo wrenches. And I'm not a standard wrench kind of guy, they're caveman tools if they don't ratchet. Regular open-end, combo, and box-end wrenches...you can have them. Can't stand "turn the wrench, move the wrench, turn the wrench, move the wrench...figure out which way to flip the wrench so it fits...turn the wrench, flip the wrench, move the wrench, turn the wrench..."

Geez, just thinking about it makes me go googly-eyed.

• Like 1

When I first started using Gearwrench I noticed right away the difference between those and typical speed wrenches. The swing on the Gearwrenches was way better in tight spots, some spots where a typical speed wrench couldn't even move. And they were thinner too, so I could fit them into close quarters easier than even regular box or combo wrenches. And I'm not a standard wrench kind of guy, they're caveman tools if they don't ratchet. Regular open-end, combo, and box-end wrenches...you can have them. Can't stand "turn the wrench, move the wrench, turn the wrench, move the wrench...figure out which way to flip the wrench so it fits...turn the wrench, flip the wrench, move the wrench, turn the wrench..."

Geez, just thinking about it makes me go googly-eyed.

It's also inevitable that you need to use it during the coldest day of the year because some stupid thing broke, and you bash your freezing hand into something because of a stupid wrench slipping or something. Man I wish i knew why hitting a cold hand causes so much more pain than if you were at a normal temp it effing hurts like a mofo!!!

Well wasn't planning on it but I ended up buying the 3/8 Milwaukee ratchet kit and Jig saw. All I really need is the M12 Fuel impact wrenches. I would love the big beast the M18 high torque wrench but I would hardly ever use it.

I bought the darn thing too. I just got the Carvex and do not need it but $59 with the battery?!?!?!? Lunch was a little tight last week but what the heck.

• 1 month later...