2014 Tool Puchases

firefighter4187

I'm going to go with Sunex for triple square sockets.

I have a huge Mac Torx set that covers up to T60 and includes E Torx and Security Torx as well. Even has E Torx DBE wrenches. Must be 50 pieces or so.

It goes for around $250 on the truck, but I got it on FeeBay for a fucking unbelievable $75 shipped and I'm not sure it had ever been used.

I see the same set on there all the time go for $125-$150. That's still a bargain versus buying individual sets if you use Torx a lot.

Dewalt 20v radio, the roll cage broke on my 18v version so its a home radio now. Im looking pretty hard at a stick welder for my house, probably a Hobart stickmate. Id love to get a table saw, but I m not in a rush for that.

Just got my Festool MFT/3 Table!! Freakin' awesome!!!! I haven't even finished putting it together yet, super stoked.

Very nice. I was thinking of getting one then I found this. I going to stat on it in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Just bought myself the Hilti TE4-22A brilliant in a word, also just started using my new peli tool case which is standing up to quite a lot of abuse right now. Next on the hit list is a new vcu 40 Hilti vac my old one is looking a little tired and has lost its lustre lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering I'm a newbie tool user, but mechanically inclined, my wife decided to get into wood working as a hobby which meant I would get into wood working as a hobby.  That being said, I've recently acquired a Bosch GCM 12SD miter saw, Black and Decker 5" orbital sander, Kreg Jig K4 Pocket hole system and JackClamp system.  All were reasonably priced items but I can't say the same for the Bosch GCM 12SD that was a break the bank purchase...but after using it, it was well worth it.  I'm not quite done with some purchases for the year, but for the projects we want to get done they are all we'll need.